Neptune Aquatics

SFSU's tank(s)

You are so right, that doesn't look anything like a poker start monti so I'll take it off your you hands but since you won it I'll give you 5 bucks :)

Thanks for the compliments

Doug: Its cool, they only went into my softie tank, and that tank is an uncontrolled experiment with coral growth gone wild, those didn't touch my stony tank

Levi, yeah I bought $20 worth of tickets, so $5 ain't going to cut it ;)

More pictures, I'll host on the BAR forum destroying their bandwidth... :D Ok just nicer sometimes with thumbnails embedded in the pictures, unfortunately comments can't be written between the pictures

First up Acroporas

1: Bali Tricolor, got back at the RTY swap, man this thing grows slow initially... but I think I got it in a spot it likes.
2: The infamous "Jim Coral"! I think it's simply an Acropora Tortusa of some sort
3: Is this how the Pink Lemonade started? Actually this is I believe Norman's Pink Prostrata that's pulling a Lazerus
4: This was a ho-hum purple tip acro that grew great, but then died when I had my great acro-wipeout a while back, however the base persisted and like Jake said "Sometimes they'll just puddle and puddle then SPROUT" well yeah, instead of a single stalk the whole acro is on, it's going to be a bunch of them.
5: I like this millepora because it's red, nuff said about that.

Now for the LPS lovers out there.

1: Bonnie's DBTC-X Acan, I've given back already, now it's time for this piece to become a permanent part of my rockwork
2: Another aussie acan I got, really drab looking but in ugliness I see beauty.
3: A "chalice" that started blue/purple, bleached out, but has stayed this way for a while, it slimes up if I touch it, and it has grown, so it's still alive.
4: Another chalice, can I call it "Son of the wannabe Darth Maul" ??

Bonnie's acan still looks really good. I think I'm in line somewhere for that one....?? That second one looks like it could be a nice forest green, I bet you are wondering how a frag of that would look under my T5's.... I know you are :D (as he nudges)

Are you? I didn't check the thread, I gave away 2 frags already on Bonnie's piece, and a third is going to steve, but we'll see how long it takes to get to him I might be able to frag the frag.

As to that green one, it's an interesting one, got it from Chris at Aquatic Central it was pure brown in his tank... and it was a cheap score, it's still umm brown from the right angles, but for some reason the above shot makes it look green.

Well I put a little more thought into it Mike and this is what I was thinking about using but I'm sure there is some lubricants or something in it that you wouldn't want in your tank.... don't think there is anyway around taking them out or crossing your fingers and using bone cutters.
r00308v3.jpg

Yeah, lubricants = bad. Not to mention that flexibility is probably achieved with a tightly spiraled steel cord similar to a drain snake, I'd hate to see a drop of salt water get in there and within a week the entire inside is rusted up.

From the files of "See Mike does spend money" (occasionally) comes my new favorite, I actually got two, but unfortunately first picture was blurry, tried to retake and wouldn't you know... batteries (even though on the screen they showed full *sigh*) More pictures hopefully shortly, as my lighting is going to be redesigned.

acanbs9.jpg

Ok batteries are charged back up.. here's #2, not as nice as the first one by a large margin (IMO), however it was much cheaper :D Plus it has a halloween theme which I like, when I switch up and get some blue t5s over this I'm sure there's going to be some nice crisp popping of colors.

acan2bk7.jpg

wow this acan is NICE!! great choice Mike.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2911.msg56994#msg56994 date=1222723882]
From the files of "See Mike does spend money" (occasionally) comes my new favorite, I actually got two, but unfortunately first picture was blurry, tried to retake and wouldn't you know... batteries (even though on the screen they showed full *sigh*) More pictures hopefully shortly, as my lighting is going to be redesigned.

acanbs9.jpg

[/quote]

Back