Reef nutrition

Shout out for another BAR member

This is why I love being a member of BAR.
I just wanted to put out a HUGE Thank you to @<3 2reef (Matt) and his lovely wife @Ashalye (Asia) for all their hospitality and help with my little sump project today. So, to fill some of you in on my story. I reached out too fellow member @<3 2reef for some help in fabricating a mounting bracket for a new ATS I recently purchased from TurboRFloyd@turboaquatics. I have seen some of the handy work Matt was capable of doing using acrylics. Needless to say, Matt has an attention to detail that is second to none. He takes great pride in his work. (which is a hard trait to find in today’s hustle and bustle world).
Here’s some quick snap shots I took while he was working on the project.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Matt has a little workshop behind his grandparents house. He once ran a successful acrylic fabrication business there. The shop is a Handyman's dream. Matt told me him and his dad used to build and fix just about everything around the house from that workshop. (i believe it). Not only did Matt help me with the ATS bracket, he did not hesitate to help me fab. up a return pump manifold out of some BRS blue PVC. You'll see it in the pics. it sits above the sump.
IMG_5324.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG
IMG_5332.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5324[1].JPG
    IMG_5324[1].JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_5332[1].JPG
    IMG_5332[1].JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_5324[1].JPG
    IMG_5324[1].JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5332[1].JPG
    IMG_5332[1].JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 344
Chris, it was great to put a face to the name today! (Thanks for the corals and anemone in the past). Glad you and Matt (@<3-2-reef) had such a successful day. He showed me a bunch of photos when we got home too. Looks good!!

Oh wow! Didn't know Matt had such skills. And that shop table with the built in table saw makes me beyond jealous! Meanwhile in my tiny San Francisco basement that also doubles as a storage area I have to move a pile of crap if I want to so much as lay something down flat :D

And it is way too early for me to reply, I thought this thread said "shoot out"

That is a sweet workshop. Integrated saw with dust extraction system? /jelly. I have to lug my saw to the backyard anytime I want to cut something lol.

FYI: For my last DIY-ATS, I ended up using Bud's (FloydRTurbo) LEDs in my system.
He had a great little panel of LEDs. And I have been tracking his sytem a bit as well.
Sure seems like the best on the market.

Thanks for the kind words @Newjack ! I was glad to help. Here are a few more pics I took with my phone.

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 3.18.24 PM.png

Sorry for the reflections.

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 3.18.03 PM.png

PVC can be extended down form the couplings to minimize splashing. I'd leave the secondary emergency flow shorter to allow more splashing. That way you'll be able to hear an audible difference in operation if the primary gets plugged.

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 3.17.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 3.16.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 3.16.22 PM.png

Back view

Back