Reef nutrition

Skimmer Recirc Mod

Mr. Ugly

Past President
I picked up a ETSS skimmer body a while ago. It's a downdraft type, but I didn't want to run a huge pump on it.

I drilled it for 1" and 3/4" uniseals and stuck in the Sedra that I got last year from Eileen. Tested it out, and it's quiet enough, plus makes a ton of foam.

Here's a pic from last night:
DSCN1559.jpg

Here's a manufacturer's pic:
IMG_4715_EVO500.jpg

I've replaced the injector with pvc for a direct feed from the overflow. No more bioballs. Plus I changed the outlet to a Hartford loop type configuration.

I can help you get rid of the downdraft part. Just give it to me and I'll have another CNC milled with out the downdraft chamber. We could glue a small foam stopper on the top as well :)

Not next week though, I'll be in Hell A :( Oops, is this an open forum> I love Los Angeles, honest :)

Got the Uniseals from Aquatic Ecosystems a while back.

Skimmer is up and running on the tank. Set it up yesterday afternoon. I shortened the lower part of the downdraft chamber to give more room in the skimmer body for foam.

Gresham, do you recommend not using the downdraft chamber at all? I'm feeding the water through the top. Seemed like leaving the upper portion of the chamber in place would reduce the open cross-section of the riser neck and help the foam rise.

Depends on how much air/water your pushing. How's it working?

[quote author=Elite link=topic=1629.msg14698#msg14698 date=1168635639]
That is cool.. I believe that pump is from me ;D ..
[/quote]

Yah, Eileen got it from you, I think. And I got it from Eileen :D

Back