Neptune Aquatics

Some cool Favia....

This is one of my favorite LPS. History: I got one head for a pretty penny a few years ago at New Alameda Aquatics, which isn't around anymore. It's got a great striped pattern to it and has been easy to care for. It's sweepers aren't that long, it readily eats meaty foods and has done well in high and low lights. Whether T5 or 250w MH, the color is pretty consistent. It's gone from 1 head to a medium sized colony, but I wouldn't consider it a fast grower.

I have 1 frag for DBTC- pickup at BAYMAC
Requirements: I have a lot but this one is worth it
Good with LPS
Give minimum 2 frags back to DBTC
Have a dremel or bandsaw to frag it
Put me at top of list if my colony dies
Are helping out at BAYMAC
pick # 1-10

mother colony:

frag: not best pic, but about 3 heads

Aren't the coralites more pronounced as well... IE. deeper with higher ridges?

Thanks for clarification, I thought Ming (?) told me it was Montastrea when I bought it but I believe you. Do you want me to change title of thread?

Do what you like AFA the title.

Just the name "Montastrea" makes a piece worth more $$$ simply because the genus not as ubiquitous as Favia. Many vendors get a Favia and either attach the name to drive up the value, or simply do not know the difference and went by the name on the stock list.

Back in the day you'd pick from common names and never really know what you were getting, for example, doughnut coral, or meat coral, you could get a Lobo, Scoly, Cynaria depending on the wholesaler. IDing is a tough business.

Gem stone sucked as well... Goni, monti, porites, favia, favites, montastrea, stylocinella(sp?), etc. The list went on and on. Steve and I actually figured out the correct line items and we'd know by which line item what the "gem Stone" would be :lol:

Thank you again!
It looks great in my tank :)
I can't wait to pass it on.
Should this be converted to a chain thread?

Back