got ethical husbandry?

Something wrong with this??

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/subsubcategorypage.asp?subcatindexid=lt-rbal-m2

about 4 down, part number LT-AB72300

It says it's a dual electronic 250w ballast, for Oceanlight pendant system. But it's only $129.99, that seems awefully cheap for a DUAL ballast. But unless it's a total crap system it seems like a decent deal since electronic ballasts can do both SE & DE bulbs.

Mike,
I would call them and ask are the electronic ballast included. I think its just the housing/outer case with fans/quick disconnects.

Ok just a little update on this. I bit the bullet bought one after they assured me that it should work (just need to wire things up differently) . And well bottom line, IT WORKS!

Now I'd be willing to bet money it's not as bright as a M80 magnetic ballast, and maybe not even an icecap. But for $130 for a DUAL (that's 2 folks!) electronic ballast I think it's more than worth the money into the 250w MH domain.

Now it doesn't have any on/off switches, BUT you can very easily wire up a switch between the bulbs and the connector to the ballast, of course if you have both bulbs turn on at the same time no biggy! Plus I'm incredibly happy about the connectors as they're literally the female version of a 3 prong outlet, so hooking no funky wiring required.

I'd give two thumbs up to this uber cheap item.. lets just hope it's "uber cheap" :D

Well the bulb I bought was a ReefLux 12000k bulb, it was one of the cheaper 250w bulbs, I just wanted to get a bulb to see if it worked, but as good as it is I think I might just stick with it. If I can build a nice little setup reflector setup I might try a DE bulb just to compare the two.

Back