Supporting Member
IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9810.jpeg

IMG_9834.jpeg

IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_6186.jpeg

IMG_8557.jpeg

Been a member for about a year and finally feeling in the mood to write about my tank

Everything started from a gold fish and a small 0.5 gallon fish tank I bought from Walmart. I bought the fish, then I realized the fish wouldn't be happy in that small bowl, so I bought a better freshwater tank, then the fish died, then I was like ok now that I have this nice tank I should buy another fish to fill it. Then having learnt how to keep freshwater fish happy, I started trying to make the tank look natural so I got interested in planted tank. Then one day I realized the plants and animals you can keep in the freshwater tank is pretty boring. Then I added a terrarium, then dart frogs, tree frogs, then chameleons. Then... Saltwater tank.

The current main tank is about 2 years old. Before this I had a 30G breeder that I started in 2019.

#Controller==========

Neptune Apex 2 + 1 EB832 + 2 EB8

#Display============

1 Jebao Crossflow scp 120 installed vertically on the right rear ccono.
1 Jebao Cross flow mcp 50 on the right side.
1 Jebao sow 10 on the left of the back glass.
3 Kessil A360we lights.
One 24'' Meso Blue LED bar.

#Sump:]===========

A 48w DC return pump

Simplicity 250 skimmer

Bubble Magus AF M filter roller. Game changer!

A reactor running carbon as I have leather corals.

A diy macro algea bucket made of a 2 gallon bucket. Red LED grow light.

A 13w UV bulb (only $20) directly put in the third section of the sump.

#Frag tank(plug in)============

8G acrylic shallow frag tank placed on a 6 gallon DIY reservoir made from a storage box.

A 5w pump bringing water from the sump to the frag tank. The frag tank is drilled. The water goes out to the algea bucket, then back to the sump.

A small hob filter and a Jebao ow10 wave maker.

#Dosing=================

A jebao 4 channel doser.

I only dose All For Reef, and Brightwell ChaetoGrow. Occasionally add extra Mg.

#Corals=================
LPS, SPS, Soft. All of them. They are all doing well so far. However the goniaporas I can't get them very happy even after trying many adjustments.

#Animals===============
A naso tang. About 3 years.
A scopas tang. About 3 years.
A Salfin tang. About 3 year.
A yellow box.
Two pairs of Clown fish. The younger pair are the healthiest and biggest children of the older pair. I bred them two year ago.
10 - 20 trochus and turbo snails.
2 peppermint shrimps.

Last edited:
I'm amazed that space invader pectina isn't just blasting everything around it with sweepers! Really nice torch placement too, seems like the corals are playing nice. I've heard frogspawns can handle a torch sting here and there, but I guess the zoas and capnella handle it fine?

I'm amazed that space invader pectina isn't just blasting everything around it with sweepers! Really nice torch placement too, seems like the corals are playing nice. I've heard frogspawns can handle a torch sting here and there, but I guess the zoas and capnella handle it fine?
Yeah actually I rearranged the placement of the torches and the corals around them many times until now their tentacles could not reach other corals easily. Zoas or even SPS did get stung badly.
I also found that although theoretically euphyllia won't bother each other, my torches would indeed sting the hammers or frogspawns badly. The ny knicks are the worst. They would even sting other torches. But fortunately after a few weeks they accepted each other.

Looks awesome! Do you have a closeup of the sump nem/mushroom tank?

Also, super super cool that you’ve successfully raised your own clownfish.

Back