Reef nutrition

Starcraft 2? Anyone cop it?

krittertanks said:
Really that good huh? =) I offered to take my soon to be 21 helper to an SF landmark show, on a certain street called OFarell on his birthday. He was like./...really I'd rather play starcraft! I was like huuuuuuuuuh?????????? Its on me 2 =)-

Cerissa like THAT place! haha

SC2 is pretty sweet. Runs smooth on older comps. I had the 7 hour trial and finished 16 missions. Have yet to try the multi player aspect of it yet. It will be a while before I can buy it though. My wife tries to limit my allowance since she knows i'll only blow it on gaming or reefing. I think she needs a higher paying job lol.

yellojello said:
Want more trial cards? I'm not using mine haha

Shhhh... don't tell your wife.

Umm..Me? lol If there's one available :) I'll probably end up buying it. I've held out for a while but the pressure to give in is just too great

its quite crash happy with me, video card is massively overheating on this game, and yeah I did the frame limiting bit. Seems as soon as I get to that final push in a mission where there's epic battle taking place (lots of units, effects, etc) the whole computer crashes.

Buy a new computer just for gaming! I do the mag work on one dedicated laptop, the store stuff on the store computer mostly, and the gaming and surfing on this machine. I store almost nothing on this unit cause it might slow down the games! (shudder!)

works great on my 8800gts and im sure the gt220 is a better card... dont quote me though as i have not even looked at your card.

sfsuphysics said:
its not like this is a slow computer, this game is known to overwork video cards.
A slow computer isn't just the CPU. You have a slow GPU :p

The fans kick into full and there is an initial bit of loading stutter (but fine once loaded), but I got an old gforce 7 series card running SC2

Well yeah, the CPU is rock solid, the GPU is a 8800GTS, should handle it fine, I turned some of the graphic details down a bit and its not overheating as much, so hopefully this works out. Usually stuttering is a sign that graphic details are too high, but I guess the game is just coded silly.

As to the card, so many numbers on cards that it's hard to tell what's better, I use this cheat sheet.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,2569-6.html

GT220 is on the same grounds at an 8800 GTS although it has quite a bit more memory, should handle the game fine.

Ahhh, buying SC2 is not just buying SC2...It's upgrading the video card too. :) Can't stand not running a game on max settings

The stuttering in my case is purely on loading (ram deficient) and is solid after loading a mission.
The card I'm running now (with default game settings) isn't that good but works fine. I also have the 8800GT so I am wondering why yours is having issues. Silly question, but is your GPU fan/heatsink caked with dust?

Running on max settings (ultra) at 1920x1200 on my 24". The graphics on the game is pretty nice; it's like SC in HD.

Oh, video card is a 1GB HD 5770.

Back