ALK 9
MG 1300
CA 400
Salinity 1.026
Temp 78.2-80.0
PH 7.9-8.05
All these params stable for over a year
10% wc every two weeks

All of the 100 plus corals in the tank are perfect.
I'm thinking a disease of some kind.

Dose your tank with some interceptor, or put that piece in QT with interceptor. Either way I would also cut the coral back to good tissue.

I am having the same problem but do not see any bugs moving around. Been thinking interceptor treatment, too.

corals3-10013.jpg

Green outline is still alive.
Blue outline is death since yesterday.
This is so strange.
I have had this coral for over a year and it has been growing until a few weeks ago when all the new growth died back.
I'm gonna pull it and dip it in Coral RX.
I don't have any interceptor.
Crazy!

I was having the same problem with several chalices in my display tank. No issues when I moved them into my frag tank (in the same water system btw). Couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Did a big inteceptor treatment and viola no more issues to date. Can't say for sure it helped but the same chalices are doing fine now in the display tank.

did you do something to your tank? add sand, remove sand, move rocks around, etc? i wiped out a lot of coral and fish when I removed my sand bed a few months back. any new coral? any corals close by that could have stung it?

No,no,no,no and no.
Since it is the only coral in the tank that has a problem, I'm going to chalk this one up to unknown cause of death. I will keep a close eye on things.

Back