Cali Kid Corals

Stuck indoors ... again

Yesterday was one of those days I was stuck indoors. It was terribly muggy out. Typical San Francisco summer :(
On the upside, I did get to play with a small home made soft box I made last week :) It worked well enough that I am going to make a larger one :D

4733614083_472a88e682_z.jpg

Thanks Lynn -I'm glad you liked it;

Canon 5D MkII, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Manfrotto 190XDB (my new Benro tripod comes in on Wednesday! :) ), Canon 430EXII into DIY softbox above subject @ 1/8, triggered via YN RF-602's. CD, water, and pipette were also used.

Did you ever pick up your camera?

not yet. I'm slow in everything. :-(
I've somewhat procrastinating in hopes that t2i will drop in price. :) Kinda like the hd-movie option without going to hoops like in t1i.

Have you looked into the used market? I've seen them sell used for ~$750, sometimes as low as $700. Substantial savings, compared to buying new -you can save that pocket change for other things like lenses, filters, et cetera. Remember also though that when the price of the T2i drops, it will likely occur when Canon releases the next digital Rebel to their line-up. Only this newer Rebel will have more features and advantages over its predecessor (presumably).
That said, the T2i is a nice camera from what I've been seeing and reading :)

yeah, i'll have to look into the used market. But, i've yet to go to the store and play a t2i. I'm looking forward to the long weekend for that purpose. :)

Anyway, don't want to off-topic your thread too much. Again, thanks for sharing your pics!

Back