Neptune Aquatics

Stuff I ordered!

Hmmm. Whaddya think about shooting the current Steinhart Aquarium? Then we could shoot the new location later and compare. :D

[quote author=Thales link=topic=1989.msg20154#msg20154 date=1179207121]
Hmmm. Whaddya think about shooting the current Steinhart Aquarium? Then we could shoot the new location later and compare. :D
[/quote]

What do you want to shoot at the Steinhart? (honest question!) I think we would definitely be shooting the livestock right? In my opinion, we're going to need a lot of microfibers to clean their glass, our tripods, and a bunch of macro equipment. Or are you talking about the overall building?

If the steinhart isn't busy, setting up in front of a tank (like the seahorse small one, that one's so cool) for maybe 15 minutes or so is doable... maybe. But waiting for that perfect shot and setting up will get all the parents and kids pissed. Not sure if Steinhart staff will like that too much. But maybe I'm just a slow shooter =( When I shoot my fish in my tank it takes like 2 hours to get one shot. Which doesn't say much, since on my portrait shoots it takes me a whole day to get 4 shots.

If it's just the architecture, then I think it'd be more like snapshotty for me. I'm not too good at creating beauties out of makeshift aquariums. Though I know plenty who can make grunge look super artsy =)

Another thing: maybe we can get into the back rooms again, make some surface viewers (5 sided boxes) and shoot top down some of the corals they have.

What are your ideas for Steinhart?

No real ideas at all. I just thought it would be neat to see what we could shoot in the quasi industrial space. :D I was thinking tanks and overall building.

Let me talk to my friend there and see what we can do...

[quote author=Thales link=topic=1989.msg20159#msg20159 date=1179243064]
Let me talk to my friend there and see what we can do...
[/quote]

Friend? :D

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=1989.msg20157#msg20157 date=1179214825]
[quote author=Thales link=topic=1989.msg20154#msg20154 date=1179207121]
[/quote]

What do you want to shoot at the Steinhart? (honest question!) I think we would definitely be shooting the livestock right? In my opinion, we're going to need a lot of microfibers to clean their glass, our tripods, and a bunch of macro equipment. Or are you talking about the overall building?

If the steinhart isn't busy, setting up in front of a tank (like the seahorse small one, that one's so cool) for maybe 15 minutes or so is doable... maybe. But waiting for that perfect shot and setting up will get all the parents and kids pissed. Not sure if Steinhart staff will like that too much. But maybe I'm just a slow shooter =( When I shoot my fish in my tank it takes like 2 hours to get one shot. Which doesn't say much, since on my portrait shoots it takes me a whole day to get 4 shots.

If it's just the architecture, then I think it'd be more like snapshotty for me. I'm not too good at creating beauties out of makeshift aquariums. Though I know plenty who can make grunge look super artsy =)

Another thing: maybe we can get into the back rooms again, make some surface viewers (5 sided boxes) and shoot top down some of the corals they have.

What are your ideas for Steinhart?
[/quote]

Dang, 2 hours to get a fish shot or a whole day to get 4 portrait shots? I'm sure you're doing better than that. ;)

Back