Neptune Aquatics

Stunner LED's

Ah I assumed (damn it, why do I do that) he was collecting them off the beach himself :) I suspect the nursery will be able to do it.

Times may have changed as well. Last I dealt with receiving plants, etc from FLA they all had to have been either inspected by CA AG, or come in with a clearance all ready. This was well, over 10 years ago. Usually they tighten up restrictions here in Cali though, not lessen them :(

GreshamH said:
Like I told Jon, careful talking about this online openly. It's not exactly legel to ship plants into CA from Florida (pests) IIRC. You also can not take any pods that have sprouted IIRC (FLA F&W issue)

What about mangroves from Hawaii?

I suspect those are protected from collection (hobbyist/personal use) as so many items are off limits in HI. The ones shipped out of there are permitted IIRC. But I really do not know. Never really dealt with HI on such topics :)

Added Stunner reflectors to the strips. They were about 6 buck each and had protective tape over the reflective surface. Great upgrade for little money. I've noticed the mangroves kicking out new leaves at a noticeably increased rate. Nuisance algae in the sump has completely disappeared and the chaeto is taking off.........finally!

Each strip of 6w LEDs is 8000K color temp. They are mounted to the top of the sump cabinet, directly above the fuge. See earlier in this post for pics

Back