got ethical husbandry?

Stupid Clownfish

So I picked up a pair of juvi skunk clowns. They were fairly different in size, happily sharing a cube at the LFS, the whole nine yards. Dropped em into the tank, and they spent their first few weeks always swimming beside each other, cute little couple they were. I know CB clowns tend to be a little slow to catch on to the anemone thing, so I didn't really worry that they were just randomly wandering the tank all day...

After a few weeks, they started catching on to the hosting thing, one started spending some time in a goni, and the other in a sebae anemone. They started bickering a bit, and as the larger clown has made her permanent home in the anemone, she's not letting the smaller one come near her despite his "quivering" submission displays and repeated attempts. She's not hurting him at all, just chasing him away all the time.

So after a month or so of feuding - I'd really like to have a happy PAIR of clowns if possible - do I just wait this out, or should I re-home one and look for a replacement, or what?

Give them a bit more time and see.

At least your clowns knows what an anemone is. Mine doesn't even go near my RBTA.

CB clowns are great!... for the environment. Theyll create stories that you can tell one another =) Ive gotten several comments because of these darn little things. "Can you make the overflow teeth smaller? or put a screen over them." Its only these little guys who do this, unless its the clouded moray! Atleast they live in the bio balls for a few years. Good luck

Back