Neptune Aquatics

Stupid mistake

I did a WC on the weekend. I had to unplug some of equipment. When I plugged them back in, I plugged the actinic light into the fan outlet and the fan into the actinic outlet on the DC8. So once a while the actinic light kick in. For the last several days I tried to figure out what's going and that including reprogram the box.

This morning the light was on again. I went into the controller setting and manually turned it off. Guess what it didn't do a damn thing. I was late for work so I got out the manual setting and I saw the temp is kinda high (78.4). My fan should kick in at 78 but didn't. I turned on the light manually on the controller and the fan kicked in ;D ..

Stupid mistake on my part. Luckly it wasn't hot the last several days and the fan (actinic light) turns on when the MH is on :) .. I guess I should label the power cords now.

LOL.. No more beer.. next time I will try XO instead ;D

Good thing that I didn't switch the heater and fan. heater kicks in when it's hot and fan kicks in when it's cold :eek: ..

I plugged something into itself once (relay set-up) :) It had an in cord and an out cord and was run on 12vdc so when it tripped, it got power from um itself um for itself :p Needless to say, it never worked until I figured out my mistake. In my defense I had to crawl under the house and work up inside a wall to plug it in :)

Back