got ethical husbandry?

Super cute and small Wart Skin Frog Fish at Cali Reef Co

Theres this wart skin frogfish at cali reef co. that is soooo small and cute. Its the size of a quarter!

image.jpg

image.jpg

See the margarita snail next ot it? My last frogfish died due to a swim bladder complication :( I soooo want to buy it but I dont want that to happen again.

Reactions: Nav
Really tempting but I'm not sure it would do well in my SPS dominant tank. I cant remember exactly but don't they do not so great with high flow?
It might also eat some of my other fish.

How hard is it to feed? Does it require live food or training to eat frozen?

I have no idea what they eat at this size. Anthony told me the wholesaler was hand feeding it freshwater guppies.

Some anglers can be trained to eat frozen food. My last frogfish ate frozen food anytime I offered.

When they get bigger they will eat bigger stuff, like other fish their size or smaller.

Last edited:
They can eat up to 1/2 - 3/4 of their size if I read it right online. :rolleyes:

Are guppies good food and give appropriate nutrition for a angler?;)

you can train it like mike stated, krill or silversides.

Whoa what is that giant purple monster next to it in the second picture:eek:!!! Oh its just your finger:rolleyes:. Man that this is super small and super cool looking! Too bad I don't have a tank that I could dedicate as species only.

Back