Reef nutrition

Tank Journal(s) - 40b17g. 10/2 Pics

iCon

Supporting Member
I have to admit.. A little 20g ex-sump laying around on these forums is a lot of temptation for me. Obviously, I gave in and I really couldn't be happier with the results. Well, maybe but I'm content for now :)

Before:
Treylane's exiled sump

After:
My little box of water
4959276786_3d884aa9b7.jpg

I've thought about ditching the skimmer for an even cleaner and empty tank look but I think it will stay for a while. Less to worry about ATM and cleaner water is never a bad thing..

Top down shot
4958684277_f6bf06fa25.jpg

She's photogenic but mean as hell. Doesn't just bite but goes for the kill and 'rip your flesh off' chomps and thrashes.
4958685479_711db93123.jpg

And another pic for kicks. This picture stuff is pretty fun. Maybe I should upgrade to that Mkii like every other new 'professional photographer' lol
4959280676_d9230f72ff.jpg

So putting this little box together was fun. Can't wait to set up the big one
. :D

JAR said:
I see a Vortech.

OOO-reee-Bay!

Yup...There's one hiding in there. :)

GIANTS! Hey... When was the last time you remember a winning game with all the Giant's runs coming off of HR's????? Takes you back a few years, doesn't it!?

I like the "no substrate" look. The first tank I saw devoid of substrate was Bryans. What a concept......keeps the bristle worms at a minimum. (I still hate those helpful little buggers). This pink chalice looks like either "Frog in the blender" chalice or maybe Pink Poodle chalice. Those names come to my mind. I have a similar small chalice that has very long tentacles! Good work, Con!

Awesome looking tank! Looks like an ELOS! And that recovering chalice almost looks like a Miami Hurricane chalice! One of my favorites!

DurTBear said:
Awesome looking tank! Looks like an ELOS! And that recovering chalice almost looks like a Miami Hurricane chalice! One of my favorites!

That's because it is :D

Jess - Didn't win anything at the swap :(

Thanks all for the comments

I guess I should update that little rimless tank as well, huh? It now has 3 PAR38's and about 15 anemones in it...Oh, and a ton of frags that I don't have space for anywhere else lol. A note on PAR38's...I'm really not too happy with them other than the look. They seem REALLY weak with any decent amount of coverage (60* barely gets you a 12" circle). I have zoos that are reaching for light...and yumas but they can deal with it. I could get 6 PAR38's and use 40* optics...but at ~$600...I think not :)

Pics to come sometime

Back