High Tide Aquatics

Tank Move Help Needed March 12th

Mario, that tank can't be that heavy. Do you really need suction cups? I bet me and you could move it? I could help you tonight...

Thanks Mike but money was already taken back. Still searching for a 36x36; a lead in MARS for a 30x30.
No rush on having a tank; it was just a good price on a Leemar 48x48

@xcaret I've only ever ordered 1/2" tempered glass but where I get it from I expect to pay about $35/sq' for regular clear glass and $50/sq' for starphire. That's with polished edges and holes drilled in it. It's the cheapest place I can find locally. Other places have been a good 30%-50% higher.

polished edges are basically when you want the edge exposed, i.e. with a rimless tank right? You wouldn't polish an edge that you are siliconing to another panel would you?

@anathema Tank did not happen but when I find the right one I'll make sure you call-in sick or have you airlifted from your fun snow pass-time or whatever adventure you are in.

polished edges are basically when you want the edge exposed, i.e. with a rimless tank right? You wouldn't polish an edge that you are siliconing to another panel would you?
Normally no but when you see a tank that has the edges polished, you kinda wanna match it if you are to replace the glass
The space for the "tank project" is roughly a corner, 4x4-ish; electrical is in place.

On a side note; If, only hypothetically speaking; the 36 cube that's available with the glass chip was to be taken apart, it could be shortened right? Assuming the glass is not tempered as well as the bottom; just thinking of that possibility and how much a glass shop would charge to trim the glass so it does not look like a hack-sawed Franken-tank-stein...

@Flagg37 I would very much appreciate the piece of glass if the offer is still up and can get it at the swap.
Thx in advance.

I heard over the radio some places had gotten 500" of snow?! yes, five hundred !! I bet the highways are walled-in snow; crazy but crazy good.

Back