got ethical husbandry?

Tanked - New TV series

saw the first couple episodes, less than enthusiastic about what I see though

I mean on one side of it the large tanks they make are cool (except they're all "fake" coral tanks)... however they just filled up one tank with nothing but tap water, from a hot water source, and I guess declorinated after the fact, and added the salt in the tank, but geeze.

The tank they made look very cool. I think it would be best if they stick with making tank only. Oh the girl acting skill is pretty bad :bigsmile: ..

Thales said:
Just watched an episode. Eww. Insta tanks send a bad message to the public.
Exactly what I thought :(

sfboarders said:
No cycling the tanks? Throw in some hot water/ice and salt and throw in the fish and call it a day? :~
Its the problem with public(ish) aquariums, is those who run the things typically don't want to go that fast, but those who own the things want the instant gratification because having customers look at a cycling tank doesn't woo anyone.

Hell even Steinhart went a bit faster than I think anyone wanted, mind you I don't think they used hot tap water and buckets of ice to bring the temperature back down, then toss in all their salt and let it mix that way :D

I watched the first two episodes. I was entertained. I wish they would go a little deeper into what they use for filtration I only see them show diagrams. Fish only systems are cool. I liked the custom car tank and phone booth tank. The lack of tank cycling got to me also. I was hoping that they cycled the tanks and just cut out the time to make the show look more dramatic. I'm sure they didn't though.

Pretty sad IMHO. As far as I'm concerned it's just one more nail in the banning/regulating of the hobby coffin. The complete lack of respect for the animals as well as the “apparent” lack of husbandry requirements makes this a really sad commentary to the uninformed public that animals are furniture and disposable. I won’t be watching another episode.

It was pretty cool to see Justine though! I’d love to take a walk through that facility he where he works.

-Gregory

Back