High Tide Aquatics

"The Plank" from avast marine?

I've been using one for a few weeks now. I know @Da_Neefer also has them for his tanks.

The best part of using these over my old Neptune Feeder:
1. My tank is small, the feeders I've used before required me to tap up the hole and it was wildly inconsistent. The Plank allows extremely fine control of how much to feed.
2. The feeder was crazy loud. I couldn't do work calls (It's in my home office) right when the feeder went on. The plank is basically silent.
3. I had an acrylic square thing attached to the feeder to keep the food from immediately spilling into the overflow, but even that was hard to use. The plank does a great job of stirring it in.

I've been using one for a few weeks now. I know @Da_Neefer also has them for his tanks.

The best part of using these over my old Neptune Feeder:
1. My tank is small, the feeders I've used before required me to tap up the hole and it was wildly inconsistent. The Plank allows extremely fine control of how much to feed.
2. The feeder was crazy loud. I couldn't do work calls (It's in my home office) right when the feeder went on. The plank is basically silent.
3. I had an acrylic square thing attached to the feeder to keep the food from immediately spilling into the overflow, but even that was hard to use. The plank does a great job of stirring it in.
Any negatives?

Any negatives?

I haven't found any negatives yet. It's fully better than the previous setups I've had. I guess the only thing is, you need two outlets (rather than one USB cable that daisy-chained into the apex), with one being controlled for feeding. But as long as you have that, it works great.

I have a dedicated power that's always on for the small mixer pump (which is silent) and then one of my EB4's controls the actual feeding screw thing.

Reactions: JVU
Back