Jestersix

The Thickesst Baddest Cheato you ever seen

Didnt realize cheato comes in different sizes till got a frag from lyn. The cheato im offering is alot thicker than the what Ive seen, its thick as spagetti. Frag for dbtc.

I need to try some of the thick stuff. I too only thought it was one species since that is what I got from the LFS and never heard that it came in different species/sizes. Didn't know I've been settling for something inferior. :)

Although the snails and pods love it. :D

Might also not be chaeto, as I recall a LFS offering me a macro algae that he called chaeto, but in fact wasn't anything like the wiry hair ... of an intimate nature ... that is the consistency of what others have called chaeto.

[quote author=70Cuda link=topic=6561.msg84437#msg84437 date=1235583685]
You got it hun. I can give you some at the next meeting or see when I go to San Jose.
[/quote]

Thanks Amy. Next meeting would be fine. :D

BTW, I don't live in San Jose. ;)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6561.msg84475#msg84475 date=1235587078]
Might also not be chaeto, as I recall a LFS offering me a macro algae that he called chaeto, but in fact wasn't anything like the wiry hair ... of an intimate nature ... that is the consistency of what others have called chaeto.
[/quote]

I think I've lost you Mike. :- Which one is supposed to be the wiry one? The thick one? The thin one I have is wiry, at least it is not smooth. How many species of Chaeto are there, or is there just one and a bunch of imposters? Well, what ever it is, my "imposter" grows well, so it must be doing its job. :)

p-80574-chaetomorpha-algae.jpg

This is the stuff I call chaeto.

Mine isn't thick like spaghetti, more like angelhair pasta. It works though. I guess it depends on your preference, but I've known nothing else...until Amy gives me a bit. :D

Thanks for answering my questions. :D

Back