got ethical husbandry?

top and bottom brace for tanks..

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/2478

Yeah I spoke to Greg online about it too. Very ironic that he was one of the first people I got corals from when I moved out to the Bay Area ( Had to sell off everything when I left Dallas). Actually where one of the first corals in DBTC "the ugly efflo" came from origionally.

Knucklehead said:
sorry, will be for glass, i work at a glass shop so i can get glass very cheap...

Question/kind of favor to ask...

I bought a Viper light fixture off a reefer (bad business incomplete) the glass was cracked so realized the seller did not post a few things about the light; too late. I went to a local glass shop and they say can not cut a tempered glass that small.
Do you know if you could get one in size 4-7/16" by 3-1/4" thickness 1/8" max.
LMK how much would it be.

Thanks in advance !

they are correct, here in the united states they cannot temper glass that small.. the glass in your light is foriegn.
7x7 is the smallest i can get tempered..

Thanks, that's why they said it would not fit into the oven; guess have to wait for someone to go around the globe just to get a replacement.
I'll work something out.

Again, thanks!

sfsuphysics said:
Try contacting the manufacturer?

Will try it, it's for a JBJ so maybe, long shot.
I bought the light used off RC, seller stated as in "MINT" condition.
Seller forgot to send the fastening knobs and realized that, assured me to send them in the mail, never did.
Since I had no immediate use for it didn't mind.
Another issue I noticed was the cracked glass to which I paid no attention since a small tempered glass was supposed to be kind of "cheap"
Now I realized I got a bad deal...

xcaret said:
sfsuphysics said:
Try contacting the manufacturer?

Will try it, it's for a JBJ so maybe, long shot.
I bought the light used off RC, seller stated as in "MINT" condition.
Seller forgot to send the fastening knobs and realized that, assured me to send them in the mail, never did.
Since I had no immediate use for it didn't mind.
Another issue I noticed was the cracked glass to which I paid no attention since a small tempered glass was supposed to be kind of "cheap"
Now I realized I got a bad deal...

If the class was "crack" it probably wasn't tempered to begin with as tempered glass would of shattered.

It obviously was not tempered but as I said, since it is a really small glass I never thought would be a royal pain to buy one that small.
The fixture without the glass is worthless but makes a nice paper weight :) .
Time went by, trying to get a job here and there and the fixture just collecting dust and the famous knobs never came in the mail.

Please keep me posted knuclehead and many thanks.

xcaret said:
It obviously was not tempered but as I said, since it is a really small glass I never thought would be a royal pain to buy one that small.
The fixture without the glass is worthless but makes a nice paper weight :) .
Time went by, trying to get a job here and there and the fixture just collecting dust and the famous knobs never came in the mail.

Please keep me posted knuclehead and many thanks.

$54.00 1 sq ft min i have to order...

Is tempered glass needed? Are there non tempered, low thermal coefficient of expansion solutions?
Pyrex for example can take the heat and does really well at blocking light

Gomer said:
Is tempered glass needed? Are there non tempered, low thermal coefficient of expansion solutions?
Pyrex for example can take the heat and does really well at blocking light

Back