High Tide Aquatics

top and bottom brace for tanks..

glass that isnt tempered cant handle the heat and will just keep breaking, neoceram glass is not tempered which can handle high amounts of heat. used in wood stoves and ovens etc. as far as light transmittance, i would need to find out what it would be...

I'm sure untempered glass will be fine unless you splash some water up at it when the MH bulb is on and the glass is hot. If it wasn't the manufacturer would have included a tempered piece of glass with the light to begin with.

Pyrex isn't tempered and can easily handle the heat. There are other glasses as well that can. It comes down to (getting technical) the coefficient of thermal expansion of the glass, and the thermal gradient through the glass due to the lamp heat.

he bought it off someone on reefcentral so who knows if it was changed, it still can break just by getting to hot even if it doesnt get wet.. temp can handle more heat, then neoceram glass can handle very high amounts of heat.. :)

but im not saying annealed glass will break, you can try it, it might be able to handle the high heat. shouldnt cost you no more then 5 bucks to try it. so it might be worth a try.

I'll check on the glass, got a Pm on RC but shipping is like 25 plus 20 for the glass; someone suggested Catalina Aquarium but still have to check on shipping quote.
Will check macmaster too

Thx

Back