got ethical husbandry?

Touchy site or just me?

Seems lately I've been getting 503 connection errors occasionally. Is this just due to on-going web maintenance, the webservers themselves, or me with a ghettorific connection?

Not only you, Mike.

This is at least the second time that the site hasn't worked for me. Once was earlier this afternoon and another time about 15 minutes ago.

I can't access the site on my sprint phone any more after the change. It keeps coming up with old data for some reason >:( .

I contacted support. The reply that I received is below. Sorry guys!

--------

Hello,

I'm very sorry for this problem. Your server, bishop, has been acting
pretty funny for the last few days. There has been intermittent downtime
while connecting via HTTP (through a browser) and FTP (for transferring
files).

One of our network administrators is currently taking a detailed look at
bishop in order to find the root of the problem and resolve it.

Unfortunately, I also don't have an ETA for a fix on this but I'm
confident that it'll be fixed soon.

If you have any other questions or inquiries I would be happy to assist
you!
Daniel G =)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6694.msg86449#msg86449 date=1236220794]
I can't access the site on my sprint phone any more after the change. It keeps coming up with old data for some reason >:( .
[/quote]

Hmm. That weird. Is it like it's seeing the site as it existed before the change? Are there any new posts from since the change?

I can view it fine from my 3 year old sprint phone haha. But yeah the site has been up and down a few times today.

I still see everything before the change. I don't see any post after that. I log out and clear the cookies but still same issue.. It could be because this stupid, crappy phone..

Because they've had continued problems with this particular machine, they're going to move us on to a different one. It will mean a few minutes of downtime again tomorrow morning, but it should fix things.

yes. They are incorporated on the HP and not the forums. I have no answers to why other than guessing that the conversion through drupal isn't complete.

So the true answer is no then as I wasn't commenting on the HP :D Hopefully the return as I don't know about you but I don't spend much time at all on the HP. Been there a couple times this month. As a sponsor loosing the banner where people actually go S U C K S !!!

I'll wait patiently though as I know Rome wasn't built in a day :D

I posed a question about the banners in the thread where we were discussing the maintence day, the answer was that they weren't going to be putting them back up on the forums but maybe in the future

[quote author=Roc link=topic=6624.msg85674#msg85674 date=1236004893]
So we arn't going to have the sponsers adds on the forums anymore?
[/quote][quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=6624.msg85696#msg85696 date=1236013981]
For now we don't. In the future I'm sure we will. I think we definitely want more exposure for the sponsors.

[/quote]

Well it looks absolutely plain (empty/wrong/like something is missing) with out anything up there. Nearly a stock site on the appearance end.

As a sponsor I sure wish some one would have informed me of such a change re: how I am marketed within the club. Simply giving me a forum I didn't really want is no substitute for a banner.

Back