Jestersix

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Ouch! Here is or maybe was the plan. Having an aluminum stand built, getting adapters for the metric plumbing, using the sump, tank and skimmer but most likely upgrading the skimmer at some point. Do you like the sump and tank quality? Sounds like the skimmer upgrade will come quick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sump and tank quality are an 8/10. The glass on the tank is not starfire, it's super green like normal plate glass and the seams are so so. The glass is also not 1/2" they are about 11mm.

Sorry to hear that you had trouble with the Cadlights.

It is what it is. I read all the bad reviews and still wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt that their QC had gone up with time. I am happy with what I have now a few months later but it for sure didn't show up that way.

Just a quick add for my own records, purchased a Pearly Jawfish (Opistognathus aurifrons), 2 tuxedo urchins (Mespilia globulus) and a Yellow Banded Coral Shrimp (Stenopus hispidus) today.

Last edited:
Sweet, just be careful of those tuxedo urchins they like to pick up corals and wear them around as hats or toupees, had one in a softy tank have that encrusting gorgonian on top of it for months all the while flowing like air in the wind :D

Re-educated in murphys law tonight...

Rambunctious cats running around pulled my waste line out of the sink. It was only about 6-8 minutes. Yeahhhhhhhh

6ena9uvy.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus G™ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Took a lot of photos today, not many made it to upload but here are a few!

This is a blue skinned and green coralites acro I picked up the other day. The camera cant find the colors for some reason so it looks really strange. Here is a photo anyways of that one. Its very very comparable to Lime In The Sky. Both are the same piece, strange what camera angles can do!
c3abmez.jpg

Red Dragon
gg214ai.jpg

Blue and Green Tenuis
pAkpRxK.jpg

Blastos (Holding For Wrongenotype)
Pu6CzCM.jpg

Jason Fox Fire Echinopora (Holding For Wrongenotype)
alkTczM.jpg

OG Mummy Eye (Holding For Wrongenotype)
pXsZIPE.jpg

Wow man what a read, I just read thru your link on your new tank. Congrats! Looks great. I'm still growing out that small frag you gave me of the torch coral months ago. I've been away for a lil bit but gonna be watching this feed closely. Nice work! One question tho how much weight does the tank have in the apt? Any issues with management ? Just asking cause I remember when as was living in apartments they always complained of a 40 gal I had.

Either way great work. Looks amazing.

Wow man what a read, I just read thru your link on your new tank. Congrats! Looks great. I'm still growing out that small frag you gave me of the torch coral months ago. I've been away for a lil bit but gonna be watching this feed closely. Nice work! One question tho how much weight does the tank have in the apt? Any issues with management ? Just asking cause I remember when as was living in apartments they always complained of a 40 gal I had.

Either way great work. Looks amazing.

Sweet man, glad to hear they are doing well :) Thanks for all the compliments about the new setup, its still very much a work in progress.

Weight wise... 120 gallons (100 display, 20 ish sump) x 8.5lbs is 850 + 160lbs of rocks and sand that is 1,060 lbs roughly. Not counting the stand weight and the weight of the glass. Its quiet heavy.

The floor is a poured concrete slab throughout all the floors. I actually pulled up the carpet in this room and inspected the floors to make sure it was sturdy and structurally sound. I was still nervous filling it all up :p Management doesn't know but my maintenance guy does. He stops by often to stare at the tank :)

You are welcome to stop by anytime and check it out ;)

Just got back from vegas. Moved a friends coral flat, stand, lights and about 100+ frags. Bought a rainbow anemone off of him. This actually was purchased as a sunburst anemone but morphed on him. Good addition to the tank for sure.

Sorry for the bad photo. Cell phone pic through the glass.

y2u8uge9.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus G™ using Tapatalk

Back