Cali Kid Corals

tr1ggers 5.5 Gallon Pico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I figure it was time I started my tank thread, as I already have it on a few other forums. I figure I would really spice it up for the BAR forum. This is my 5.5 Gallon Fluval Spec V mixed reef! Don't let its size fool you, there is a lot happening in this little tank. It is kind of comical, over the years I have downgraded in size repeatedly. I started with a 90 Gallon FOWLR then moved to a 22 Gallon Mixed Reef and now I am down to a 5.5 Gallon. Let the fun begin!

Start Date : May 10th, 2013
End Date : March 18th, 2014
qJSwHnS.png

July 9th, 2013
w9lIuWo.png

h40DrVn.png

i6d1sfB.png

djdakDa.png

Fluval Spec V 5.5 Gallon
Kessil A150W Ocean Blue
Reef Keeper Lite
Eheim Jager 25w Heater
Hydor 240 Power Head (240 GPH)
Modified Minijet 606 return pump (153 GPH)

wJRlnJz.png

10 Lbs Live Rock (5lbs premium/5lbs standard)
10 Lbs Live Sand (Hawaiian Black)
1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp

lY77BaR.png

Orange Monti Cap (Kmooresf)
Green Monti Cap (Kmooresf)
Neon Green Monti Cap
Idaho Grape Monti Cap
Green/Blue Teneus (Kmooresf)
Bali Green Slimer
Blue Slimer
Green Birdsnest
Ponape Birdsnest
Purple Stylophora
Forest Fire Digi
Raspberry Lemonade (Kmooresf)
Pink Table Acro (Kmooresf)
Blue Stag (Kmooresf)

Rainbow Acans

Neon Green Trumpet

Green & Orange Ricordea

Red Hornets
Sunny D's
Orange Bam Bam's
Gold & Pinks
Devil's Armor
Magicians
Pink Mauls
Diablo Coral Full Metal Sunburst
Gold Mauls
Blue Agave
Geicos
Chong Bongs
Candy Apple Reds
Blue Rhinos

3" Black and White Maxima

y6tX1lB.png

Last edited:
FeliciaLynn said:
Wow! That's an impressive little tank!

Thanks! Still a very young tank so I am excited to see how it evolves. It is difficult to get decent pictures because everything is on such a small scale. The pictures here don't actually do it justice, like most tank pictures ;)

Kmooresf said:
Looks like the 6 line is doing ok. Tank looks SWEET!

Thanks Kris! Six Line came out the first morning and was in hunting mode, he picked off a bunch of pods and he takes mysis as well. He should be able to be a permanent resident :)

qrYYcDO.png

tr1gger said:
Kmooresf said:
Looks like the 6 line is doing ok. Tank looks SWEET!

Thanks Kris! Six Line came out the first morning and was in hunting mode, he picked off a bunch of pods and he takes mysis as well. He should be able to be a permanent resident :)

qrYYcDO.png

Awesome tank! He's a permanent resident long as you don't plan on adding any shrimp. My old sixline was so aggressive he'd kill any shrimp I put in.

Us that koralia magnet mounted? And is the other side of the magnet under water? I was thinking of mounted my powered on my overflow wall but wasn't sure if it was ok to leave the magnet submerged.

Kmooresf said:
Nice shot!

Thanks!

monkeybiz said:
Awesome tank!

Us that koralia magnet mounted? And is the other side of the magnet under water? I was thinking of mounted my powered on my overflow wall but wasn't sure if it was ok to leave the magnet submerged.

Thanks!

I didn't have it magnet mounted for a long time but it would always slip off. So I put the back magnet on in it inside the first chamber. There just isn't room for anything else :glasses:

denzil said:
Looks awesome and great shot of the sixline, by the way! Is this tank at home or at the office?

Thanks! At my home, in my office, at my work desk :)

I just picked up my Red Hornets, Sunny D's and Tubbs Blues today from FeliciaLynn. Excited to see them open in the AM.

tr1gger said:
denzil said:
Looks awesome and great shot of the sixline, by the way! Is this tank at home or at the office?

Thanks! At my home, in my office, at my work desk :)

I just picked up my Red Hornets, Sunny D's and Tubbs Blues today from FeliciaLynn. Excited to see them open in the AM.

Haha, so I guess technically both? :p

Oddly enough, the Red Hornets I have haven't multiplied but the Sunny D's seem to be doing just fine. Still don't have Tubbs Blues but still unsure if I really like them or not, LoL.

denzil said:
Oddly enough, the Red Hornets I have haven't multiplied but the Sunny D's seem to be doing just fine. Still don't have Tubbs Blues but still unsure if I really like them or not, LoL.

I am not a big fan of the Tubbs but the GF is, so, they are for her :p

Hope my red hornets do well, I eventually want all the hornets :)

looking good, the 6line will be a very active hunter and always will be swimming around your tank.

btw- be on the look out soon I'll be doing more DBTC on Z's and P's ( hornets will be in that list ) as long as folks can keep up and follow my rules.

650-IS350 said:
looking good, the 6line will be a very active hunter and always will be swimming around your tank.

btw- be on the look out soon I'll be doing more DBTC on Z's and P's ( hornets will be in that list ) as long as folks can keep up and follow my rules.

Thanks and Sounds great! Thanks for the heads up :)

Updated pics, here are my new Red Hornets, Sunny D's (back left) and Tubbs Blues (back center). Also, far left are the G&P's.

KbagTjk.png

Here is a small $5 yuma I picked up. Its very vibrant in person and cant wait for it to get bigger!

mrwTact.png

tr1gger said:
FeliciaLynn said:
Glad to see the zoas are doing well! :)

Yulp they are doing really well. Still waiting for one stubborn polyp of the Sunny D's to open up. Again, it was nice meeting you!
Hmmm. Sometimes I have a polyp or two that takes a bit to open after they sit in containers out of the tank for a while. Hopefully it opens up for you soon! Keep me posted.

FeliciaLynn said:
Sometimes I have a polyp or two that takes a bit to open after they sit in containers out of the tank for a while. Hopefully it opens up for you soon! Keep me posted.

Yeah, it was trying hard to open up today, it was peaking its skirt out. I am thinking tomorrow or the next day it will fully open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back