got ethical husbandry?

Tubs blue zoa for DBTC

I have 2 to 3 polyps of the famous Tubs Blue Zoa available for DBTC.
Here are the additional rules aside from DBTC:

1. This first gen will only be available to experienced reefkeeper to give it a better survival rate.
2. Second gen can go to either experienced or newbie reefkeeper.

Here is a not so good picture of the colony.
false-pepermint-hog-wrasse.jpg

- perry/xinumaster

Perry,

If no one jumps on this, I'll take it when I stop by for the other zoas. I just lost my micro colony for some unknown reasons.

LMK.

Can I join the list. I have some blue zoos (that were apparently not Tubs). I'd love to see the difference up close and personal.

-Adrian

Just a friendly reminder, and not picking on anyone in particular, but this is a sharing program so don't forget to share some of the goods you have, not just promise to grow out freebes you get for others.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2057.msg20226#msg20226 date=1179344593]
Just a friendly reminder, and not picking on anyone in particular, but this is a sharing program so don't forget to share some of the goods you have, not just promise to grow out freebes you get for others.

[/quote]

Is sharing something other than what you are looking to get a requisite ? I don't have enough of anything I think people really want to make it worth while yet. However, if people would like me to share some colt/xenia/boring green zoos/brown acros etc I will gladly do it.

-Adrian

I'm a second generation kinda guy, since i'm a newbie. Have done fairly well with zoas, though. Saw them at Atlantis. They're cool. I'd love to be on the list further on down the road.
Thanks, Steve

blue things grow so slowly in my tank =( But sign me up for a later generation as well =) green things on the other hand... oh wait hair algae isn't a very sought after marine life item...

[quote author=stubbsz link=topic=2057.msg20228#msg20228 date=1179350035]

[/quote]

Is sharing something other than what you are looking to get a requisite ? I don't have enough of anything I think people really want to make it worth while yet. However, if people would like me to share some colt/xenia/boring green zoos/brown acros etc I will gladly do it.

-Adrian
[/quote]

Is it? Well officially no, however it is up to the discretion of the person who puts up the stuff. That being said, this program works off the principle of sharing with others by being generous. Now if you don't have much of anything, no big deal, but if you do have nice things and are screaming "me" for nice things its a nice courtesy to offer stuff you have yourself.

FYI some of the nicest corals out there have come from "brown SPS" :)

hey mike, I agree with the brown SPS! My second to last pick at the last bar swap, I grabbed a brown "deep water acro" that I believe... who was it now... seminolecpa put out? Anyway, it's colored up like crazy, and is becoming one of my most beautiful corals =)

Grrrr the salt it burns...........

Good news is that my colors are starting to come back. My Idaho Grape (aka Idaho Brown) is actually purple now. My Blue Milli (which I put a ton of frags in the swap btw) is coming out a very nice baby blue color.

Old tank... sand
New tank ... bare bottom

Have no idea if the bare bottom part is helping the coloration but I am a beliver.

Oh then you don't want to know about the efflo frag I got from you by way of Kenzo... it came a brownish/reddish color, now the top that's lit... turned blue.

yeah mike, got the 'ugly efflo' to get a nice tri-color with blue skin/deep purple growth skin edges and flourescing yellow/green growth polyps.. very nice indeed, thanks bryan!.. ;)

okay Ibn you'll get the first and only frag available. Pickup will be in June meeting though. I'll bring your share of DBTC Blue Milkway frag too.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2057.msg20239#msg20239 date=1179361917]
[quote author=stubbsz link=topic=2057.msg20228#msg20228 date=1179350035]

[/quote]

-Adrian
[/quote]

Is it? Well officially no, however it is up to the discretion of the person who puts up the stuff. That being said, this program works off the principle of sharing with others by being generous. Now if you don't have much of anything, no big deal, but if you do have nice things and are screaming "me" for nice things its a nice courtesy to offer stuff you have yourself.

FYI some of the nicest corals out there have come from "brown SPS" :)

[/quote]

Well cool. I'll hope for my Blue Tubs frag and in the meantime, get fragging and put something out there.

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2057.msg20256#msg20256 date=1179382374]
hey mike, I agree with the brown SPS! My second to last pick at the last bar swap, I grabbed a brown "deep water acro" that I believe... who was it now... seminolecpa put out? Anyway, it's colored up like crazy, and is becoming one of my most beautiful corals =)
[/quote]

Well, I have to say the OK looking acro that I got using a 20$ off card from the LFS in Hayward, went very blue after starting off with slightly blue tips..... Hey maybe I'll frag that as my DBTC entry....I'm just scared to frag my only coral that is really staying Blue and has shown signs of growth :) Show some backbone man.

Back