Kessil

Tyree Elegance Coral

Very strange this is happening after 2 months. My elegance got that way when my phosphates got out of whack. I wouldn't give it more light though. Mine is 24 inches deep under 150 watt halides.

not a good sign then :( So I bet it looks like it's not only not opening up, but it's shrinking into itself. The polyp may remove itself from the skeleton.

It sounds like the Indo elegance illness :(
Red and green rods
is what we were told it is via dozens upon dozens of slides of red and green rods[/quote] :lol:

Not fuggin' funny guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |( mine is now showing retracted tentacles and slightly inflated body. I have to ask, when they were cut was the source water used or the ever so convenient in house water?

I used water from Aquatic Collections to cut the coral--It was from their tank that held their live rock--I dont think that tank is connected to any tanks that hold live corals. My elegance is doing fine (better than ever in fact) so I think it has to do with JAR's tank or specific elegance frag. I also gave a frag to cwolfus so we could check in with him to see if how his elegance is doing.

Sorry to report that this coral did not make it after 7 months.
It has been stable until the last few days.
Now gone.
I need to start dosing mag as my WC's are not keeping up with demand.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. It looks like my mother colony died and I just wanted to see if anyone other there still has a frag of this ?
Patrick

Wow beautiful elegance coral. I didn't know you could frag them.

Well as I'm sure you know, elegance corals are not the easiest to keep alive. I hope you find someone with a copy your frag. Good luck!

Back