Reef nutrition

Ughh... I'm so indecisive! Help!

I'm trying to plan what kind of clowns I want in my new tank. Originally I wanted Picassos, but now for some odd reason they just don't seem as special to me. Then I saw Blue Stripe (Chrysopterus), but I quickly learned they would get too big for my tank. I was thinking of getting some nigripes, but I'm not quite sure what I want yet. Does anyone have suggestions as to what type of clown I should get? I already have Black Ocellaris and SA Fancy Ocellaris. I guess it's just personal opinion, but I'm open to any suggestions I can get.

Thanks. :)

I realized I had posted a link to platinums and edited it. I was looking at the semi snowflakes too, but they're too close to regular percs for me.

I was looking at those but I don't like the green's contrast with the orange on the Green Spot. The Dodo is just too colorful for me I guess, but major props to ORA for genetically engineering that one.

ORA actually found a close relative of the Dodo Clown and had scientist genetically mutate it to be like the once living Dodo Clown. They bred it with one of their male picassos and they got sorta a Dodo Clown type thing! Magic. :O

mavjoy said:
How about the lightning ones....so unique but hard to get and high price tag.

If you're talking about lighting maroons, all I know is that one was collected from the wild and sold to a breeder. To my knowledge they aren't available for sale yet, but when they are they'll be waaaaay too much for me.

iBluewater.com has virtually every clownfish known to man for sale and the only ones that interest me from there (that can be kept in a pair in a 29g) are the Picassos (which I would get from either LiveAquaria or Doni's Reef) and Nigripes. I asked four of my friends on Facebook and got a split vote between "fish #1" (Nigripes) and "fight #2" (Picassos). Is it hard to pair nigripes and are they more aggressive than Percs?

i was checking out ibluewater.com site and they have some sweet clowns..... i cant wait to get a new anemone and pair of clowns now.....

i really diging the

c-quest designer
black clarkii
possibly the breeding pair of darwins black Oc..

eldiablosrt8 said:
i was checking out ibluewater.com site and they have some sweet clowns..... i cant wait to get a new anemone and pair of clowns now.....

i really diging the

c-quest designer
black clarkii
possibly the breeding pair of darwins black Oc..

I think you mentioned earlier that you liked Snowflake clowns. If you're interested, they have two really nice ones at Aquarium Concepts for $89.99 each. One is about 2" and the other is about 1" so they might already be a bonded pair. :)

pair of ocelias?? however you spell it.... a blue tang and lateky i have had issues with there "natural" salt water being inconsistent readings

not happy with them right now at all, i have been driving out to robert for last 2 water changes

Back