Our mission

UXDesigners 50 Starphire Cube

Now that we are settled (after a couple of crazy months) and relocating to the Bay Area, it was time to get another tank setup. I'm back in with a 50 Rimless Starphire Cube and custom DIY LED inspired by the new Radion XR30w Pro. I'm really loving this tank, I really liked my RSM 250 but wanted to try something with a sump. I was concerned about the noise (stock pump is really loud), I replaced it and suggest the Eheim Compact+ 3000, dead silent! The durso was also an issue but after asking a few 50 cube owners (thanks Duncan) I was able to build a custom durso that with a bit of tweaking is now silent also. For the lights, I decided to run 8 LEDs per dimmable channel to have complete control of the Blue , White & Color Matrix. I'm getting some crazy color combinations but for now I'm running each at 50% with 2 hour ramp up per channel.

Specs:
50 Starphire Cube
Eheim Compact+ 3000
TLF 150 Reactor running NPX Bio-Plastics
Stock skimmer (works surprisingly well)
BRS Filter Socks (this is key to keeping the sump output silent)
Rapid LED 24 LED DIY kit (inspired by Radion XR30w Pro) in a custom industrial style pendant
  • Channel 1 (Blue / 8am - 8pm) - 8 Royal Blue Cree XT-E
  • Channel 2 (Color Matrix / 10am - 6pm) - 2 Blue Cree XP-E, 2 Red-Orange Cree XP-E, 2 Cree UV, 2 Green Cree XP-E
  • Channel 3 (White / 12pm - 4 pm) - 1 Warm White Cree XP-G, 4 Cool White Cree XM-L, 3 Royal Blue Cree XT-E

F17F85B0.jpg

60B44546.jpg

103FEDFC.jpg

86D93BC0.jpg

This thing is dead silent!
1EEE4A56.jpg

2D254333.jpg

2C9C371F.jpg

Very clean setup! It seems like that heatsink is plenty to dissipate the heat and not worry about too much heat getting trapped in the lamp trim.

Back