got ethical husbandry?

Vincent's 1st Big Tank

7dd9e5748792f496f1b6135ef66277f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not plastic?

While they do make them out of plastic, the US distributor only brought in Ti ones. The price difference wasn't a whole lot and shipping them over would have cost more in shipping fees than the strainers themselves.

Plus they are TITANIUM!

Are you going to open or add some opening to that I sense lots of moisture if you don't at least add an exhaust fan

Took some additional pictures while shooting the growout coral monthly update pix.

My TyeDye Jawbreaker. Has some nice colors coming in!

TyeDyeJB-2.jpg

LengSy Montipora. Growth is starting to take off and is starting to fold and cup. The purple rim was a little bleached when it 1st went in the tank but its starting to color up again.

LengSy-2.jpg

1 of my early additions. A Rhodactis mushroom. Its starting to develop bubbles like a bounce mushroom.

Rhodactis.jpg

And the Oregon Mummy Eye I picked up from @bee505. Easily 1 of my favorite chalices.

OregonMummyEye.jpg

Thanks. :)

RO/DI storage n NSW mixing/storing station finished. Still have to refine the plumbing a little but the basics are there.

e447d30506aab462f7eb7ddbe1dd8de5.jpg

Eventually I will have an EB8 setup here hooked up to a BOB.

The plan is to have electronic solenoids or ball valves and have some buttons to control flow and pump. I want to be able to turn on the pump and control where the water flows from/to without actually turning any valves. That may then become something Apex will have some control over via float valves etc.

Right now the only automated thing is an Avast Barrel Tender. It has a high/low pressure sensor. It turns on a solenoid when the low sensor is tripped and turns it off when the water gets to the high sensor. Solenoid is hooked up to my RO/DI. So this ensures my RO/DI barrel always has water. When the BOB gets installed I can do the same with float valves and a solenoid.

Thanks. :)

RO/DI storage n NSW mixing/storing station finished. Still have to refine the plumbing a little but the basics are there.

e447d30506aab462f7eb7ddbe1dd8de5.jpg

Eventually I will have an EB8 setup here hooked up to a BOB.

The plan is to have electronic solenoids or ball valves and have some buttons to control flow and pump. I want to be able to turn on the pump and control where the water flows from/to without actually turning any valves. That may then become something Apex will have some control over via float valves etc.

Right now the only automated thing is an Avast Barrel Tender. It has a high/low pressure sensor. It turns on a solenoid when the low sensor is tripped and turns it off when the water gets to the high sensor. Solenoid is hooked up to my RO/DI. So this ensures my RO/DI barrel always has water. When the BOB gets installed I can do the same with float valves and a solenoid.

You may want to try an auto flush valve for the rodi with this setup. Turning on and off frequently, and without flushing will deplete di resin quickly and can be rough on the membrane(s)

You may want to try an auto flush valve for the rodi with this setup. Turning on and off frequently, and without flushing will deplete di resin quickly and can be rough on the membrane(s)

My RO/DI has autoflush. But the system is designed to fill the container when it gets low, not keep it topped off. It only starts the RO/DI when the low level sensor is tripped.

Back