Reef nutrition

Vincent's 40g AIO

If u ever get him to detach I found 2 things could help:

1) place his foot not on bare rock but in a hole on the rock. Nems like to bury their foot as deep as possible to feel secure and retract at times

2) once he settles feed him some mysis for a few days so he feels there's a nice food source in that spot.

Lol. Don't know where he is. He's not in the overflow n not on any visible rock but I have a lot of caverns n back facing rocks.

I'll look for him later.

So as expected. He is low in the tank on a rock facing the back wall. I put another rock over him and shaded him. Hopefully that will make him move out of there.

Some quick pix with the iPhone

Rock anemones

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437959392.513525.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437959445.198226.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437959466.696699.jpg

Tyree Elegance - grew 2 new mouths!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437959489.781025.jpg

Acans, clown goby photo bomb

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437959543.116689.jpg

RBTA finally stayed put.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437959598.912921.jpg

Some pictures taken with the iphone. My computer took a dump so I have no access to Lightroom to edit pictures so sorry about the quality.

caa989743819c1ee5cd2ac6432f4275f.jpg

FTS. Doser is setup and running well, though I have to find another type of hose to use. Its a long run to my liquids and the silicon tubbing collapses after a week or so.

Added a 2nd RW4 and also got the Jebao Apex adapter. Controlling both through the Apex now.

0a9f86cc0479b23c31d6a0b36d8886d7.jpg

Zoa corner. Didn't realise the picture is blurry but there are Purple hornets, Pink Zippers, SunnyDs, Utter Chaos, Gold Mauls, Tubbs, Buttmuncher, Armegeddeon IIs, Tyree Type IIs (which look very very similar to the Arm2s), Rastas, Zebras, Blondies, Bam Bams, Red hornet or spiderman (can't remember), pink and golds and some unnamded that I picked up for color.

Also see 1 of the rock nems and the Ultra Gumdrop I just picked up.

9b84056a7b641c25d9c8e8c4e308e0aa.jpg

LPS area. Lost my Black/White acan from a dosing mishap. Everything except the Hammers are doing well. The Hammer became really stressed early in the week. Haven't figured it out yet.

700c72886ec0e4d6e179dabe8e177181.jpg

Lousy picture of the Tyree Elegance.

c8498b373b0b5c88a483c04e04705d3a.jpg

Duncan colony, 1 of the rock nems and a Yuma
182a36fbb48a5de7e94208b42f2b0e2f.jpg

Paly Grandis and babies

fe4095ab64a10eaac349a7752caed243.jpg

Goniopora I just picked up and the pencil urchin.

So as you can see, I have a slight GHA problem. Happened after I overdosed Alk, following the under dosing by the doser. Came back day to a white tank. Lots of precip that eventually settled out but dropped my Ca and Alk even further. Lost all of my SPS, even the Stylo though I have a sunset monti hanging on.

Got the pencil urchin to try and control it but it hasn't made any impact. On the bright side, DIY NoPox dosing has finally brought my Nitrates down to 2ppm from 40+, and my Phosphates are 0.009ppm. I've reduced the dosing and hoping it will maintain that level. The GHA has started to recede and the tank is starting to look better. Not so hairy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have it sitting above my tank but the containers sit in the cabinet. The pumps are strong enough to lift the fluids but the strong suction caused the long runs of silicone tubing to collapse, which caused the doser to be inaccurate. It dosed less than it was supposed to.

Last edited:
No, they came from a fellow reefer. Color is a little off in the picture, using the iPhone. Can't really do much corrections.

Been a while since the last update.

Tank had gone through a few changes, changed the rockscape around.

Got the doser dialed in finally, dosing 38ml of Alk and Cal. Tests show a steady Alk of 9.3-9.6 and a Ca of 450-435.

Had to dig out the camera to shoot my daughter's Nutcracker performances (I'm the photographer for the ballet studio) so I decided to take some pictures of some new additions.

Bowerbanki-1.jpg

Bowerbanki - There is some new growth on the side but it is very slow.

FlamingZebra-2.jpg

Flaming Zebras - these were the contest Zoas. They have morphed a little in my tank.

GoldMaul-1.jpg

Gold Mauls - I picked these up from @Enderturtle. Slow growers but beautiful

PrizePackZoa-1.jpg

1 of the prize Zoas I won from the contest, they came from @Enderturtle's tank. Don't know the name.

PrizePackZoa-2.jpg

Another prize Zoa from contest and again from @Enderturtle's tank.

TangerineChalice-2.jpg

Current contest coral, Tangerine Dreams Chalice - looks like its getting ready to feed!

Yuma-2.jpg

Yuma I picked up a while ago. I recently moved it so its not very happy right now, its usually much bigger.

I'll try and take more pix of the corals. I'm also in the planning stages of a much bigger tank. So these will be moved around a little while the big tank gets setup.

Oh good you still have those gold mauls.

My 1 polyp frag is close to dead! I should've passed on those frags to the club instead of selling. I really like those gold mauls because theyre more on the yellow side. Lots of places get these orange/gold mauls which aren't as yellow.

That yuma is BEAUTIFUL! From cali reef? Those red/green zoas are Emeralds on Fire. Beautifully bright zoa with contrasting colors. Also a slow grower but a common favorite.

@Vhuang168 What do you think about your yellow clown goby? Does he ever sit on corals damaging them?

Last edited:
@Enderturtle, the yellow clown goby went up into the giant fish tank in the sky when I had that ich outbreak. Even though I did ttm, I must have goofed up somewhere, lost everything except my melanarus.

But the goby liked to perch on LPS n graduated to sps n took nips at the polyps.

The Yuma was from CRC iirc.

@RobMcC

Thanks.

Back