Kessil

VorTech in pico tank?

Ibn

What's the smallest size tank that you've ever seen an EcoTech VorTech used in (non-BB tank)?

I'm interested in knowing how viable it is with it running at the lowest settings (500 gph) continuously.

Why you would take up that much space in a 3.5 gallon tank? You want to blow water out of tank? : ) Take a picture when you do it it.

I have a MJ400 in the tank right now and it barely moves any water. I'm sticking a nano Koralia in there and the lowest setting on the VorTech doesn't seem to much more compared to that. I'm just looking for some movement in the tank with the smallest footprint.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2537.msg26203#msg26203 date=1193710025]
I have a MJ400 in the tank right now and it barely moves any water. I'm sticking a nano Koralia in there and the lowest setting on the VorTech doesn't seem to much more compared to that. I'm just looking for some movement in the tank with the smallest footprint.
[/quote]

You're better off selling that Vortech and getting a Koralia or nanostream. Interesting thing about the nanostream is that they can be mounted quite high in a tank, and not draw in any air.

Back