Kessil

Vortech mp10 Issue

I am having a problem with my mp10. All modes work fine, except for reef crest.
I normally use Lagoon mode, however this morning when I switched to Reef Crest mode, the mp10 ran like it should; about 5-7 sec. into Reef Crest mode, the driver begins blinking red, and the pump completely stops. If I push mode again (which pushes me into short pulse mode) everything is back to normal, and all other modes work.
Thoughts? FWIW, I went through pump calibration by accident last night.
I didn't see anything in the manual about a blinking red light.

Problem solved, I cleared the calibration:
http://ecotechmarine.com/faq/troubleshooting/my-pumps-driver-is-blinking-red-what-should-i-do/

"If you would like to re-enable calibration properly, remove the dry side from the aquarium, hold it in your hand, and follow the directions for enabling pump disconnect auto-shutoff protection in your user manual."

So if one day for some reason my wet and dry side detached, the dry said would automatically shut off?
Do any of you do this?

Im looking to get a MP10 for my 29g Nano this weekend. I have heard nothing but they are EPIC. Hope not to be disappointed. I had to talk myself into spending that kind of cash for a while and now it's on. Just waiting for it to come into my LFS.

I run 2 mp10s with hydor and maxijet in my 37 gal cube been happy with them, only had to return 1 for an issue they fixed in the internal programming, good customer service

Back