Jestersix

Vortech Pumps

Picked up a used MP40W last week from another member and then last night got a new EcoSmart MP40 from Robert at Neptune and I have been playing with them ever since. Because I only have 1 EcoSmart pump I can not use any of the EcoSmart programs with both pumps so I have it setup currently in long pulse mode at about 80-85% power and 10sec pulse. I also have it go into night mode at about 10pm when all of my lights turn off. So I was just wondering what program everyone else is using and why?

I don't have the Ecosmart pump, but with my 4 currently on the tank I do a long pulse mode with about 45 second intervals, gets me a nice change of water direction.

sfsuphysics said:
I don't have the Ecosmart pump, but with my 4 currently on the tank I do a long pulse mode with about 45 second intervals, gets me a nice change of water direction.
Mike do you have 2 pumps on each end of the tank or some on the back? Also are you running the pumps in sync or anti-sync mode?

It depends what you want to do. IF you have other circulation in the tank, maybe just use the V's to make a small standing wave.

Tumbleweed said:
sfsuphysics said:
Mike do you have 2 pumps on each end of the tank or some on the back? Also are you running the pumps in sync or anti-sync mode?
As Rich says, depends what you want to do. the placement of my pumps are all along the back wall of the tank, but my tank is 3 feet deep. They're also situated such that they blow around rocks and what not, and yeah they are on anti-sync which causes a gyre in one direction then the other, your rock work will make your pump parameters unique from any one else though.

I am going to try out multiple differnent things just to see what works best for me. I was just wondering what others were doing and why they are doing that.

Back