Cali Kid Corals

Vortech vs Modded maxijet

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Was bored as hell earlier, shot this video showing difference between modded maxijet (maxi-mod I think), and a vortech mp40 ~50% power. Never uploaded a video to youtube, no music embedded (don't know how), no comments embedded (again don't know how), but thought my anemone tank would show the flow quite a bit dramatically

0:00 - 0:10 : Pumps off (only returns on)
0:10 - 0:50 : Modded maxijet on
0:50 - 1:03 : Pumps off
1:03 - end ; Vortech MP40W - 50% power on

[youtube]cK9vwcpNIjw[/youtube]

Thanks Matt, I had a Seio 1100 or 1500 on that side, but man I hated that thing. Had an extra vortech laying around :D (ok not really but it was basically just being used to blow detritus off a particular rock in my 180), although I could toss another one on there, I have enough parts for another, I just need to find a power supply and I really don't feel like giving EcoTech $50 for a $20-30 power supply. But for now I'll leave just the Vortech in there (maxi is gone already)

Now if I can just get the thread and needle out and stitch all 11 of those anemones back together I can get a truly impressive one like you guys have!

Oh, that is 11 anemones all bunched together? Wow, I really thought it was one big anemone. Still looks super cool!

I wish we could do something in our anemone exhibit to make it do what yours is doing here (or Rich's gigantea does). The movement is really captivating.

Yup 11 all cloned from the same one, naturally cloned none of that manual cloning that Jason has done :D

Yeah that "fields of grain on a windy day" look is nice, I think you need to toss a vortech or something in the tank to get that, IIRC the only flow in your anemone exhibit is a return isn't it? Do you simply only do that for the "clean" looking nature of the tank?

Back