Neptune Aquatics

Vote on Membership Nomenclature

What option do you want to use for non-paying members?

• "Guest"

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • "Forum Member"

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is an official vote to finally resolve the confusion of our membership nomenclature. Voting here will vote on the nomenclature for non-paying members. "Supporting Member" status will remain for paying members unless many of us desire a change. If you would like to change the nomenclature for paying members as well, please leave a comment in this thread after you make your vote.

Hi! Haven't been here very long but I'll toss a vote in:

Non-paying members = nothing

Paid members = Contributing Member (plus custom user title for 1000+ posts)

The problem with guest is that it makes me think of someone who hasn't registered yet. Like when you go on a forum and see who is on and it says "member A, member B, & 3 guests". The guests aren't registered on the forum, hence they don't have a name. Thus I think it is best to just put nothing under the names of registered but unpaid users. But hey, I'm new here and it doesn't really matter much anyway :)

Nothing under handle for non-payers so there is no confusion when checking if DBTC eligible, Selling, etc.

Paid Member for paid members and only they can change their handle from Paid Member to Grand PooBa if they want!

Last edited:
Back