Reef nutrition

Wavemakers...

Also note you may not get prices as low as those mentioned above, they have bulk rates on their site and they're not anywhere close to the values mentioned. At least the WP25s which have a price break of 65.50 when you order 8, with about $20 shipping that comes to about $68 a piece a savings of maybe $7 if you buy it yourself, WP40s actually come to about $71 each with a purchase of 8.

Now they might do special deals, but I'm thinking the posted quantity values on their website because it's easier that way rather than trying to pack together a box. Then again reading some of the stuff on RC about how some people get replacement parts for one price, others at another. They might be loose with the books :D

I would like to try a WP25 on my 80g quasi-cube, however the larger pumps I want I don't need right now so I'd probably be interested later, depends if they start shipping WP60s from their US warehouses, looking now they only ship from overseas, and that's $20 in shipping vs $6.

yeah, I just sent a letter to Jebao directly to see if they will do group buys also. Will contact fish-street and another vendor I have worked with in the past (that has got me deals far below fish street's advertised prices). I'm still thinking like January for a purchase time. Just sending out feelers atm. Will create a thread in the group buy section once I figure out pricing, etc (few days I would assume).

I put the 800gph pump (SunSun JVP-101) in my tank last night and it pushes the water to the top...almost over-flowing. There's crushed coral substrate in the tank and the flow doesn't seem to have any impact on that. I like the added movement though, even if I mostly have LPS/Softies.

Too strong for me.

Still have not heard back from Jabeo as far as a group buy. Will try Fish-Street and the other importer I've been working with.

Fish-street posts their bulk pricing, last I looked it only applies to the 25 and 40 version.

Zero, I'm interested although not sure if I'll want the WP60 or 40s. Lots of people say the 40 is too powerful, its comparable to what? A Tunze 6105?

I was thinking if WP60 is similar to MP60, then those would be good for an 8 foot tank.

My 2 MP40s on my 4 foot wide tank set up to run the length is barely enough (my feel) to "flush" the SPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz: seems like HV1990 doesn't want to have a man in middle coordinate transport.

So as such, I won't be taking you up on your offer to help transport.

Maybe I will just order from Fishstreet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking if WP60 is similar to MP60, then those would be good for an 8 foot tank.

My 2 MP40s on my 4 foot wide tank set up to run the length is barely enough (my feel) to "flush" the SPS
Regardless of the naming I don't think you should compare the Jebao's to Vortech pumps, they're built more like Tunze Streams, and those are two vastly different flow patterns even though they can have similar outputs. My MP40 can be put on full blast on a 32" wide tank and flow moves around pretty good and if there's sand there might be a bit of stir up, a Tunze 6100 and it shoots a jet that deflects down the glass and causes a big old divot in the sand (well back when I had sand).

WP60s also look to have the wider mouth that the 6255 has (replaced of the 630x series). I'm going to need something that will shoot down the center of 6 foot long tank that's also 5 feet wide. I was tempted to buy one of each and just see which ones work best. Lots of flow ideas, but Vortechs are not in my future (acrylic is too thick)

48lx18dx20t

If I put them both on full blast corals get irritated, clam closes up, nems close up... Ect

I run one on else - s1 and the other one w1 - s1. Everything is happy with this, including me.

I received my WP-25's with the help of grizfyrfyter (thanks again) and already have it in the tank. I hooked it up to my PWM dimmer (like this: http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/26903-jebao-wp-40-speed-control-mod/ ) and popped it into the bath tub to see the waves.

I was disappointed, but then again I didn't want crazy for the time being. Even on full blast it wasn't "CRAZY" as I was expecting.

So I set it up in the tank, it caused some havoc but was able to keep it in control, with only once creating a wave that splashed over.

Then I realized I bought the wrong PWM Dimmer, I have the 0-12V, not the 12-24V model as in the thread above. In the thread above, the OP mentions anything lower than 12, it cuts out / stalls. I don't notice any behavior like that on this one. At about 5.5v, it turns on, anything lower than that the unit won't even turn on. So I am able to successfully dim it down a bit, but it still is pretty strong. Should I expect any long term damage with dimming it down to ~5.5v?

This also makes me realize that when I tested it, it was no where near the 24V it's supposed to run at and throw waves at. So with the second one I haven't tested it in the bath tub yet, but I'm excited to once I do.

Also I have purchased two WP-10's from another group buy and they should be here maybe early next week? I'm hopeful that those will perform closer to what i want for the 30g cube and maybe even the 50g.

I still need 1-2 more, these were just all I could get of the small ones (although I know of an extra 25 if you want it). I just needed these asap.

So yes I'll still do one if there's enough interest.

Fair enough, I was just wondering because I was holding off getting an WP25 if I could save $10 or so. Seems they key is if they ship from the US warehouses, in which case the shipping is a bunch cheaper, if it ships overseas, not so much. Haven't yet seen the WP60s with a shipping option in NJ yet though and I'd rather not pay a $20 shipping charge per unit.

If you're not down to being the handler for a GB, I could take charge too.

Back