Reef nutrition

Wavemakers...

So I was doing a bit of measurement with a voltmeter, and it turns out I was running the WP-25 at full voltage with the 0-12 v PWM Dimmer. It actually gives it the full range, although I'm not sure how long it'd last at voltage above 12v before it had issues.

The whole unit turns on (with no issues stalling) around 5v it seems.

Will your voltmeter register anything less than 12V though with a PWM dimmer? I thought most will read peak voltage, which in the case of a PWM signal will be 12V even if you set it to "low"

The voltmeter seems to work properly, as it shows from 0-24 based on the dial location? It's a pretty nice Fluke one though, so maybe that's why.

Zeroinverse - Can you get the WP-10 on group buy if you place an order? I'd be interested in one or two of those.

I have a WP-25 and a WP-40 controlled by my Reefangel via PWM (using the Jebao cable from RA) and they have worked out great so far. I want to get a WP-10 for my frag tank now and hook that up to the RA as well.

~Charlie

The voltmeter seems to work properly, as it shows from 0-24 based on the dial location? It's a pretty nice Fluke one though, so maybe that's why.

A voltmeter does not measure frequency.

One way to find an approximate voltage is to put an RC low pass filter to smooth out the PWM pulses (or hook up an oscilloscope).

Otherwise, your voltmeter will not register the actual pulse width modulation.

Only other way is to KNOW your PWM is putting out 100% duty cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeroinverse - Can you get the WP-10 on group buy if you place an order? I'd be interested in one or two of those.

I have a WP-25 and a WP-40 controlled by my Reefangel via PWM (using the Jebao cable from RA) and they have worked out great so far. I want to get a WP-10 for my frag tank now and hook that up to the RA as well.

~Charlie

Yup, I can look into adding you into group buy. When did you want it? How soon?
(I am in Berkeley nowadays, BTW).

Anyone else want in to try these pumps? I will check to see about buying a mixed set of pumps

Pending list:

Zero: 2x WP60
Sfsuphysics: 2x WP60, 2xWP25
Coral reefer: 2xWP60

No commitments yet. Just keeping a tally.

I will start asking about pricing.

Im interested in possibly one or two WP10's and maybe one WP25. When were you planning on placing the order so that i can confirm what I need?

sorry guys, I was doing inventory today of items I need for this new tank & the list turned out longer than expected, I'm going to have to hold off on the powerhead...

Back