Kessil

Website running slowly

Website started running very poorly for me last night. On mobile and on my desktop.

Everything loads fine outside of the BAR site. It has taken me at least 8 attempts to post this new thread.

Getting this every 8-10 click throughs.

pAgyFu9.jpg

Denzil, its been slow for me off and on for the last week or so. It'll be working fine and then all of a sudden a page will take several minutes to load. Probably in the evenings, but I wasn't really paying attention to the timing.

Hrm, alright, good to know. Let's take note of any other occurrences here so we can try to narrow down the issue. If it's a capacity issue, we may need to upgrade our WiredTree service. If it's a server side error, we'll have to take note and do some digging.

I looked in the server log and I didn't see error reports from yesterday. What ISPs are you guys on and what service tier (Mbps) do you pay for?

Ender and I regularly have trouble with website and we Have a large internet connection. I don't know exactly how much but I know we have at least 5x the bandwidth as my dad. It wouldn't work for at least 15-20 min midday last Tuesday (I think it was the only program I was running) it was also being slow/unresponsive at least one night last week

Ender and I regularly have trouble with website and we Have a large internet connection. I don't know exactly how much but I know we have at least 5x the bandwidth as my dad. It wouldn't work for at least 15-20 min midday last Tuesday (I think it was the only program I was running) it was also being slow/unresponsive at least one night last week

If you have trouble loading the website, try going to this site while you are having problems (http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/71zEM/http://www.bareefers.com) and hit the "test now" button. You can report back the performance grade and load time in this thread. This should help determine if it's a server issue or just too many of your neighbors streaming the World Cup.

I always check other sites when I'm having issues to make sure its not just my internet. Its always just the BAR website. I've got Comcast's Xfinity 50 mbps internet service, so I usually don't have any issues.

I have comcast 50 Mbps as well. I do the same and check other websites when having problems with the forum. I had the same problems as others. This is not a complaint just trying help you find the issue.

If you need any help with the site let me know. I'm a sys admin and I do stuff like this for a living. Of course I'd do the work free of charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always check other sites when I'm having issues to make sure its not just my internet. Its always just the BAR website. I've got Comcast's Xfinity 50 mbps internet service, so I usually don't have any issues.
I have comcast 50 Mbps as well. I do the same and check other websites when having problems with the forum. I had the same problems as others. This is not a complaint just trying help you find the issue.

Just remember, Comcast's 50 Mbps != 50 Mbps... it's just an "up-to 50 Mbps." Hell will freeze over when you actually get what you pay for. In the meantime, enjoy the Netflix Speed Index. ;)

@Mikez We're always willing to accept help. :) Please shoot me a PC and I can debrief you.

@neuro We can have WiredTree look into it or we can ssh in and check the Apache logs. I initially checked the logs in our Admin panel but I don't think it gives the same type of logging... it 'seems' to be more app level than system level.

I checked /var/log/ and /usr/local/apache/logs/ under the root user and didn't see anything out of the ordinary... the troubleshooting continues. Oh, I also filed a ticket with WT to see if they can help troubleshoot as well.

@denzil

it just hit me. the site was unresponsive for at least 5 minutes. i would say around 10:10pm or so.

i ended up posting the same topic 3 times.

Back