Neptune Aquatics

WHALEN Storage shelf

Ayman

Supporting Member
I am planing on having this set up using the WHALEN shelf system.

Each shelf hold around 650 pounds. The question is it fine to have a sr60.

60 gallons is around 520 pounds.
Rock around 40 pounds.

So id be pretty close to max wight spec, do you guys think it’s safe?
IMG_5873.jpeg
IMG_5870.jpeg

I would say no. Rocking action and earthquake puts it at risk. If you’re gonna do something like that. Make it out of wood, 8020, or buy a pallet rack off of fb marketplace.
Devils advocate. Says. It will probably work. Lol

I would say no. Rocking action and earthquake puts it at risk. If you’re gonna do something like that. Make it out of wood, 8020, or buy a pallet rack off of fb marketplace.
Devils advocate. Says. It will probably work. Lol
I agree. Going to just buy another one that holds more wight. And return this one.

Use a heavy duty workbench rated for 2000lbs like this $190 below. @phatduckk used one similar for this 60g frag tank previously.
Ya I used a workbench from Home Depot that was rated for a lot of weight (2000 lbs or so). Mine was Gladiator brand from Home Depot... I dont see the 4ft one on their site anymore... plus the prices seem to have gone way up since I bought mine

Ended up returning the first one and got this one. Currently doing a clear coat to add some protection from rust. I like this style because i can potentially use this as storage also in the future if plans change.

Attachments

• IMG_5877.png
    IMG_5877.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5875.jpeg
    IMG_5875.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 36
Ended up returning the first one and got this one. Currently doing a clear coat to add some protection from rust. I like this style because i can potentially use this as storage also in the future if plans change.
This will work as well. It’s the same ones I have in my garage. Get a 3/4” plywood cut so the edges sit over the long cross bars for extra support.

This will work as well. It’s the same ones I have in my garage. Get a 3/4” plywood cut so the edges sit over the long cross bars for extra support.
that is what i exactly got. Did you leave the plywood as is. Or did you paint it?

Back