Kessil

What are YOU using to clean your Acrlyic Tank?

Im trying to find the best tool for cleaning my acrylic tank, I want something really good, that DOSNT make marks or scratchs.

Something to remove tough Algae

What is your prefered method?

Mighty Magnet's Algae Sock coupled with a strong magnet (like Mighty Magnets, and unlike Magfloat)
(incoming a bunch of others saying the same :p)

When my acrylic tank was set up I used a thing with a fish net handle and a super soft sponge where the net part would be on a fish net. I cleaned the glass every day with it to prevent algae build-up and since I was preventing algae build up I didn't need to use something that could potentially scratch the glass. So my answer is that I used a soft sponge. :)

I dream about replacing my acrylic tank with a glass one. Meanwhile, I use the Mighty Magnet for routine maintenance, and use the Kent algae scraper to get the more stubborn patches (like the brown stuff that grows in the scratches left by careless magnet cleaning).

I have a Kent scrapper, I was wondering if it would scratch the acrylic Ill give that a try. Im diffently a fan of glass tanks, but acrylic keeps the heat in better. And its easy as hell to drill for custom installs like mine.

I use a kent scraper. Jeremy typically advises they work well at first but should be replaced often or will scratch. I haven't had a problem.

Magic Eraser

Really? I'll have to try that. I imagine it might be good for the IC-Gel fragging accidents.

Magic Erasers seem wimpy, but they do a great job on those little circular diatom patches, plus you can pretty much wipe every thing with them, tank top especially :)

Back