Cali Kid Corals

What Corals were at the 2015 BAR Frag Swap?

There were some NICE corals that came through the frag swaps door at this year's Regional Frag Swap. I registered most of the bonus corals so I know what came through.

These were a few of the super nice corals I remember seeing at this frag swap..

Jawbreaker Mushroom (hope ya enjoy it!)
Tierra Del Fuego Acro
ATL Shades of Fall Acro
Space Invader Chalice
Space Invader Pectinia
Jack-O-Lantern Leptoseris (a lot actually)
Oregon Tort
Wet Thumbs Mother of Pearl Acro
PC Rainbow Acro
Red Dragon Acro
Pink Lemonade Acro
Sunset Millepora
Pink Boobie Chalices
AOA Molten Lava Leptoseris
White Velvet Zoas
Oompa Loompa Zoas
Candy Apple Orange Zoas
Utter Chaos (a few)
Gonzo Golden Dragon Mushroom
Sexy Corals Superfreak Mushroom

:D What did you get?! and What did you See?!

Last edited:
I got a KH sunburst zoa, interstellar pe, oxides, fruit loops, sky Blue zoas, raptors rainbows and mystery zoa which I can't wait to open!!! Feel like I made out like a bandit :p

I got:

White Velvet Zoas
Red Devil People Eater
Jack-o-lantern Leptoseris
Pink Lemonade Acropora

after that I stopped swapping to let other people grab corals. NO MORE ROOM IN MY TANK :( but it seemed like people were still grabbing nice corals.

and I'm kickin myself for not grabbing the Space Invader Pectinia!

Last edited:
Thomas and I got ASD Candy Apple Orange, Oompa Loompas, Sakura Sunrise, Yellow Highlighters, Pink Zippers, Tyree Space Monsters, Molten Lava Lepto, Mystic Sunset Monti, Ponape Birdsnest, and a Gonzo Golden Dragon mushroom. Made out like bandits!

Ahruk - were those PE's from me? If so, enjoy! They've been great growers! :)

I had a blast and these are the Frag that I got and wanted to thank for my new corals...

@saltwatersig (Copps Vesuvius Montipora) & (Green Tip Acro)
@island cration? (Jedi Mind Trick Montipora)
@<3-2-reef (War Coral Favia)

A MAJOR SHOUT OUT to @Enderturtle for putting this together and the others BOD, Venders & volunteers that were doing alot of hard work to make this event be so fun and it went very smoothly!!!!!

Can't remember everything I got, I got that Sakuri Sunrise one, I think I got a pink zipper, both from Ender, then I got a gold maul and a red halo people eater (although, not sure if this is right, it looked closer to a red devil people eater, I'll double check tomorrow). Then I walked away while the carnage of "free grab" time to throw my tickets into some of the raffle bags, when I came back I saw "random zoas" so I said screw it! I'll grab it, they haven't opened yet so not sure what they are (and to be honest I doubt I would know what they are :D). Also won the candy apple zoas from the raffle, and was a bit more excited than anyone else (even those who won the big prizes) mostly because I don't win very often so I need to be happy when I do win :D

Yeah the Sakura one didn't really look all that impressive under the lights of cafeteria,and to be honest I have no idea what it was, but the skirt was a very bright purple/pink color and it caught my eye so I said why the hell not and grabbed that one with my first pick. Seeing it under the LEDs I can actually see how neat it looks.

My wife and I are so grateful for what we brought home! We brought home a "mystic" red base/blue polyp Monti, hell fire leptAstraea, huge green Monti cap (still can't believe the size of that thing!), green pocillipora, rainbow Monti, teal with orange center favia, mummy eye chalice, metallic gold leptastrea and purple stylo. Also scored a bird of paradise birds nest from Legendary Corals! Can't wait for tomorrow morning when the tank lights come on, it'll be like Xmas morning!

Pretty happy with what I picked up,
Stuff.jpg

The hammer has opened up beautifully, and the "Pink Palys" look like something called "Candy Apple Pink Palys". Once they opened up and I could see them, I was really happy.

The event was wonderfully organized, and seemed really well attended - thanks to @Enderturtle and the BOD for doing such a great job with this! Had a great time, already looking forward to the next one!

Between @<3-2-reef and myself, we came home with 16 different things!

king midas zoa, 6 polyps - @Enderturtle
Gold maul zoa, 3+ polyps - @Enderturtle
Flaming Zebra Zoas - @Enderturtle
Fruitloop Zoas, 5 polyps - @humu
Green encrusting monti w/purple/brown polyps - @Ahruk
bi-color hammer coral, 2 heads, neon green tips, purple tentacles - @naterock101
Goblin's fire zoa, 3 polyps - @BammBamm
Oreo Zoas - Steven
Legendary Corals Bioshock Zoa - @BengalReefer (on RC)
Mind blowing paly, 7 polyp - @bbmuteman
Purple paly w/green ring - joe's reef, manteca
purple w/peach center lobo Orbit Marine - @brettandlyndis
chong bong zoa - @Saltwaternoob
Tyree Monipora Setosa - @Seaslugteam
captain america zoas - @kandis
m. digi tricolor - ?

Looking forward to seeing everything grow out. Thanks! :)

Someone actually went home with a big Mini Colony of Flaming Zebra Zoas, was suppose to be a Raffle Prize.

Enjoy them!

Ill have to cut a mini colony and ship it to that girl from Sacramento.

Big thanks to @Enderturtle and everyone who made the frag swap happen today. I brought 8 frags from our tank and took 4 home:
It's a logistical challenge to drip acclimate corals who all have different water params, but we got through them all before dinner and had them dipped and in the tank. Thanks guys, looking forward to growing these out.

2015-09-12%2016.38.52.jpg

2015-09-13%2015.11.20.jpg

2015-09-13%2015.09.17.jpg

2015-09-13%2015.09.45.jpg

Back