got ethical husbandry?

What did they say about woman driving??

LOL, that was a good one.

I actually wetness a lady one day drive off with the gas line still attach to her car. She drove off with the rest of it hanging on the side of her car, until some chased her before she could make a turn into the road. It was funny and unreal site..

[quote author=drdoolittle link=topic=6347.msg81029#msg81029 date=1234556717]

I actually wetness a lady one day drive off with the gas line still attach to her car. She drove off with the rest of it hanging on the side of her car, until some chased her before she could make a turn into the road. It was funny and unreal site..

[/quote]

To be fare I've seen a guy do that as well....as well as run straight into a house!

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6347.msg81057#msg81057 date=1234561492]

[/quote]

To be fare I've seen a guy do that as well....as well as run straight into a house!
[/quote]
My hubby did this before, but to be fair we were having an arguement.

Ran into a house, or ripped the gas line out while driving away?

I watched a guy hit a curb, take out a fence, drive 20' through bushes and smack dab into a living room. The truck was 1/2 way in the house. The driver was trying to reach a pen that had fallen, or so he said. The police suspected drugs to be at the root of the cause but i never got to find out if it really was :)

If you guys come to my house, pay attention to the mailbox pole. Cost almost $5K damage to the van. Thanks to my wife.. ;D

I see FAR more accidents with men behind the wheel but I only drive like 80K miles a year :)

Yeah, I sure these happens to lots of people. In my case, i just so happens to witness a female.

But i got to admit, i wrapped a fence with my car once.. but there were some alcohol involved... :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6347.msg81057#msg81057 date=1234561492]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.junkscience.com/news2/womendri.htm

Although men are three times more likely than women to be killed in car crashes, researchers at the Johns Hopkins Schools of Medicine and Public Health have found that, when the total numbers of crashes are considered, female drivers are involved in slightly more crashes than men. Overall, men were involved in 5.1 crashes per million miles driven compared to 5.7 crashes for women, despite the fact that on average they drove 74 percent more miles per year than did women.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6347.msg81072#msg81072 date=1234562992]
http://www.junkscience.com/news2/womendri.htm
[/quote]

If you were to take that 74% and factor it in, what would the number be?

Being involved in a crash and causing one are two different things though.

They used to use a similar arguement with the old people driving in Florida.

There are crappy drivers of both genders, this video just happened to catch dumb drivers that are female.

Having said that, these are SOME the accidents my family has gotten into; (exluding me)

Older Sister;

- coming out of the garage, she hits the side and shreds part of the trim off the door...the damage is still there 20 years later (I noticed it at Christmas!)

- Making a left turn around a yellow pole, she manages to hit it, keep driving and creating a MASSIVE dent in the side of the family van. This was apparently my fauult because I said to her "Hurry up, let's go home!" So really, it was my fault ...no really...

- THE BEST... My sister is arguing with my Dad. My friend Lydell happens to be over and we're playing pool in my parents basement. My sister angrily storms outside, gets in the van and FLOORS IT...RIGHT INTO MY FRIENDS CAR ... smashing the bumper (he was parked behind the van on the driveway)...Now this is the BEST PART...she storms into the house, goes downstairs and says "Lydell, I hit your car, MOVE IT OUT OF THE WAY"!!!

THen in one year, my younger sister and my (younger) brother both crash two of my parents cars TWICE. The insurance company tells my Dad that they will NO LONGER INSURE HIM. He finds a company that WILL insure the cars...for $6000/year EACH. We sold one of the cars to a friend of mine.

Why yes, we're Asian, why do you ask?

V

Back