Our mission

What did you buy for your aquarium for Black Friday ?

I found the phyto. I was using the search function and it didn't work. Used their own tab for live foods and all the phyto options came up. I went with what their website recommended.
If you mean store pods, I don't think they're supposed to be in the fridge, they're live. Usually you store them in the bottle with it open. If you want to store them for a bit, the potentially better option is buy phyto and pods and culture them.
I looked up more info. They can be stored in the fridge for longer storage. They just need to be in a non-airtight container. Their metabolism slows down and they can be acclimated slowly to tank temps and will survive.
I'm not sure if tisbe are the best pod type if you're seeding a tank though.
They mentioned on their site that these can be used for seeding, but having multiple species is definitely best.

I found the phyto. I was using the search function and it didn't work. Used their own tab for live foods and all the phyto options came up. I went with what their website recommended.

I looked up more info. They can be stored in the fridge for longer storage. They just need to be in a non-airtight container. Their metabolism slows down and they can be acclimated slowly to tank temps and will survive.

They mentioned on their site that these can be used for seeding, but having multiple species is definitely best.
Usually just Tigger pods (Tigropius) can handle 2-8C so be careful how you store. Edit: I'm assuming you're looking at Reef Nutrition and Apex vs. Tigger pods.

Last edited:
Nutramar Tigrio Live
Gotcha, looks like they even copied the RN bottle lol. If your goal is culturing them in a bucket, then they could be an option. If you want to seed a tank with things, maybe hit up someone in the South Bay that has some pest free rock you can throw into your sump or refugium. Or try RN's apex pods (I think these can reproduce in our main displays well but @BAYMAC is the expert here).

Gotcha, looks like they even copied the RN bottle lol. If your goal is culturing them in a bucket, then they could be an option.
Probably not. I think I'm going to just blast them all into my tank. I only have 1 tank rn and its an AIO. No sump or refugium. I'm not sure I want to have to deal with maintaining a culture either. I have so much other stuff on my plate already. I can barely manage to keep a consistent culture of brine shrimp! Lol

Gotcha, looks like they even copied the RN bottle lol. If your goal is culturing them in a bucket, then they could be an option. If you want to seed a tank with things, maybe hit up someone in the South Bay that has some pest free rock you can throw into your sump or refugium. Or try RN's apex pods (I think these can reproduce in our main displays well but @BAYMAC is the expert here).

Yeah, Chris copied RN, but they've always had a supply issue, and RN has been friendly with QM for years, so it wasn't a big deal. I can't speak for RN now though. Rn produces more then they can sell, hence Tigger-Feast.

Apex is the only product I didn't have a hand in. They came after I left. But... they're awesome and I'd do those over Tiggers for your display tank. If culturing in a vessel, I'd go with TP.

Black Friday deal at SJ Reef in Dublin

Attachments

• 20231128_164246.jpg
    20231128_164246.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 54
Back