got ethical husbandry?

What type wrasse that does not disturb sandbed?

In general, Paracheilinus, Cirrhilabrus don't need sand bed while other families do, mainly Anampses, Formosa, gaimard, and Halichoeres

I have a Halichoeres and they need a sand bed but I wouldn't say they disturb it. I challenge anyone to find one in the sand when they dive in, they don't leave a trace. That said any of the flashers will sleep in rocks not the sand. They are also more peaceful than the Halichoeres. I would discourage anyone from getting a cleaner wrasse, they are best left in the sea. Besides the flasher wrasses are much more colorful and they've got great personalities.

I couldn't find my Melanurus when I was trying to remove all the fish to medicate. Removed all the rocks but no wrasse. Started stirring up the sand and still no wrasse, but that caused the water to get cloudy so I could have missed her coming up then back down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldn't find my Melanurus when I was trying to remove all the fish to medicate. Removed all the rocks but no wrasse. Started stirring up the sand and still no wrasse, but that caused the water to get cloudy so I could have missed her coming up then back down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same experience once with my Biocellatus. I drug my fingers through every inch of sand and couldn't find her. I once accidentally found her cleaning, scared the heck out of me when she shot out of the sand bed like a rocket.

I have a Halichoeres and they need a sand bed but I wouldn't say they disturb it. I challenge anyone to find one in the sand when they dive in, they don't leave a trace. That said any of the flashers will sleep in rocks not the sand. They are also more peaceful than the Halichoeres. I would discourage anyone from getting a cleaner wrasse, they are best left in the sea. Besides the flasher wrasses are much more colorful and they've got great personalities.
Could you expand on your opinion about cleaner wrasses?

Back