Kessil

................When a snail dies : (

I seem to remember reading about a predator that when it attacks snails & eats them, will leave the ecto-plasma like evidence...maybe a bristle worm...Leslie???

The "ecto-plasma" is hemolymph, it is slimy stuff and bacteria loves to colonize it. One thing that people do that can harm gastropods is to pull them from whatever surface they are on when transporting them, if the foot tears then they have a tough time clotting, it can also trigger predation from fish that would not normally be attracted to a snail as a food item. As well as that can cause a bacterial infection. Your best bet when picking up snails is to molst them and force them to close their trap door before moving them.

One thing to remember with snails is, they are under your command, so if they are cleaning an area ad nauseum and not taking care of another, you need to physically remove them and place them in the offending area, using the molestation trick ensures you're not going to harm the snail.

Another trick is to super glue fishing line to the snails shell and tie the snail to a rock so they only clean one area ;)

tuberider said:
Another trick is to super glue fishing line to the snails shell and tie the snail to a rock so they only clean one area ;)
But it takes 6 hours when you take your snail out for a walk.

h20player101 said:
Genius with the fishing line. I want to try this though...

http://savasplace.com/build-your-very-own-fly-powered-plane/

Thats better than sticking a twig up a horse flies butt and watching it fly toward the sun :D

HAHAHA, you guys always make me laugh. I woke up this mornig and it was dead I didnt touch it.......... damn them thats the 2nd one in 3 months, stupid nasty slim.The angle I didnt kill gomer, haha I took him back to the fish store and got a big rock with GSP all over it. thanks guys no to find the snail killer.

OH and I forgot, i fund a slug tiny little guy on my glass let me post the pic of him kind weird looking.

I seem to remember an article from Dr. Ron Shimek and the fragility of certain internal structures and the damage done through rapid salinity changes (Shipping, WCs, water additions/top offs, etc...). The damage is not fatal but severely shortens the life expectancy.... You can prolly find it on RC if interested.....

-Gregory

GDawson said:
I seem to remember an article from Dr. Ron Shimek and the fragility of certain internal structures and the damage done through rapid salinity changes (Shipping, WCs, water additions/top offs, etc...). The damage is not fatal but severely shortens the life expectancy.... You can prolly find it on RC if interested.....

-Gregory
The nephridia get damaged.

Would be like if someone exploded your kidneys.

Mr. Ugly said:
GDawson said:

-Gregory
The nephridia get damaged.

Would be like if someone exploded your kidneys.

Ah! I thought it was renal issue but wasn't positive.

-Gregory

tuberider said:
One thing to remember with snails is, they are under your command, so if they are cleaning an area ad nauseum and not taking care of another, you need to physically remove them and place them in the offending area, using the molestation trick ensures you're not going to harm the snail.

What a good way to utilize the snails, will try it.

Back