Cali Kid Corals

Where to get a 3/8" barbed ball valve?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I went to Albany Aquarium, home depot, and then all the usual aquarium store websites and couldn't find a 3/8 inch barbed ball valve. Smallest was a Two Little Fishies 1/2" valve, or the next one I could find is a 1/4" valve.

On amazon, I found a $17 valve, made of PVC that is 3/8". Seems kind of ridiculously expensive for something that's just 1/8 smaller than the $4.50 TLF valve.

I priced out step up barbed adapters and clamps so I could use that cheaper TLF valve, but it was more expensive than just getting the $17 one.

Any ideas where I can find one? I'm just trying to restrict a little 80gph canister filter pump (ZooMed Nano 10) a little so that my poor betta fish doesn't die of exhaustion in his 2.6 gallon tank.

You could probably use the 1/4" valve with the soft tubing on the canister. Just use some hot water to soften the ends and then force them into the 1/4" valve. Otherwise, you probably will have to take a look at possibly John Guest fittings.

Art, easy fix for this. 1/4" valve with a small amount of 1/4" tubing. Put the 1/4" tubing over the 1/4" valve just to the end of the valve. Slip the 3/8" tubing over the 1/4" tubing.

Back