Neptune Aquatics

Where to get Fish Erythromycin?

My daughter has a Betta with severe fin rot that has not responded to salt treatment. I think its time to try a gram-negative antibiotic like erythromycin. Dr. FostersSmith has it, but their shipping is pretty pricey for a small item like this.

Anyone know where I can get fish erythromycin locally? Petsmart and Petco don't have that kind of thing.

Thanks,
Tyler

I have a box full of medicine at home but im out of town right now & I fly back tomorrow so pm me tomorrow if you havent found it and I'll dig out that box & see what's in there

My daughter has a Betta with severe fin rot that has not responded to salt treatment. I think its time to try a gram-negative antibiotic like erythromycin. Dr. FostersSmith has it, but their shipping is pretty pricey for a small item like this.

Anyone know where I can get fish erythromycin locally? Petsmart and Petco don't have that kind of thing.

Thanks,
Tyler

I hate sending people here, but I'm almost positive that 6th Avenue fish store has eurythromycin. I think they are also open until 10.

Thanks for the tips all. Judging by the behavior of the fish today its not going to make it at this point. I guess its prudent to keep a few fish meds on hand in the future.
Sheesh these Betta fish come in such horrible water conditions from the store they're almost doomed from the start.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I keep paraguard on hand for this very reason. It's a pretty good medication that can be used to treat most things, and is pretty easy on the fish. I actually usually use it as a 2 hour bath for all incoming fish before they leave the bag.

Back