got ethical husbandry?

where to put aqualifter for topoff

So I'm using an aqualifter for topping off out of a 5g jug. Right now the jug is ~8" off the floor of my stand. Distance from the top of the jug to the lip of the tank is about 24" I don't run a sump soooo..yeah. Where should I mount the aqualifter in terms of height for max output. I think I basically have enough space to put it at any height and I'm feeling productive today. Let me know what you think.

Max output = no headheight. THis means the difference in height between the output of the aqualifter tube and the reservoir height (water line). Make sure that the output is elevated above the maximum reservoir height so that you don't siphon.

So if I'm reading you right, Tony, you mean to put the aqualifter more or less even with the top of the tank, and have it pull water up from the jug ~24-36" (completely filled jug vs almost empty jug)..

pulling or pushing is about the same. (at first I read that you had a sump). You are in a situation like me with no sump. The Aqualifter is pretty bad at dealing with head pressure. I actually have my ATO water on a bucket. Otherwise, the head pressure is too much for the pump to overcome.

Yeah, right now it's on a small stool for me. I'm thinking of downsizing to a 3g jug and putting it on a very raised platform so the top is just under the tank and max delta from tank top to bottom of jug would only be ~28" Any other suggestions other than switching pumps?

you shouldn't have any problem with 28"H. Mine is around 30+. The water come out slow but my tank is only a 40G so no problem.

Back