got ethical husbandry?

Which Bayer Advanced!?!

Looking for specifics on which Bayer Advanced to buy to use as a dip. There has to be almost 10 different varieties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This exact one should do the trick:

new-purchase4_zpsf9125623.jpg

Works great for me.

Most people do something like 10ml for every 4 ounces and a 10-15 minute soak.

I do 25 ish (to be honest I eyeball it half the time) ml in a cup that contains roughly 12 ounces of tank water, and a 10 minute dip.

I rinse in a different cup of clean tank water.

I haven't lost a frag, and it does leave a surprising amount of dead things in the cup when you are done.

A decent variety. A ton of zoas, various euphyllia, acans, chalice, ricordea, and more recently some acropora, millepora and montipora.

I try to dip everything that comes in on a frag plug or piece of rock if I don't think it will hurt it.

I recently got this.... and from reading a lot around, I settled with 5ml per cup (236ml) for 5-10min. The only exception would be smooth skin acros which people suggested a 2-3min dip.

That stuff creeps me out...I'm sure I works good, but gross stuff to say the least. Do people just pour it down the drain when they are done, or is there a better way to dispose of it?

I think aiptasia would survive the bayer dip nav.

Most of these dips knock off small invertebrates like nudibranchs, spiders, flatworms, red bugs.

An aptasia is an anemone. More related to a coral than to a flatworm. Although we see it as a pest, its more of a coral.

Good point Michael. With the swap coming soon, I'm interested to know how others in the club deal with frags that come with aptasia?

Back