Kessil

Will's 300g Re-Do

Just added my Rhomboid yesterday. He seems to have settled in. I do see my Linneatus chasing my Solorensis around. Hopefully, it's just temporary.

My Solorensis was my only casualty when my 2 part dosing pumps stuck on (ahem... Neptune's device stuck them on). Woke up one morning and my entire tank had a somewhat pretty snowy appearance, fish were fine except that one guy, and I think that's because they make a mucus cocoon when they sleep so probably got a bit clogged up in there.

Pro tip: 2 part is great because if it sticks on eventually rising levels stop due to precipitation and you essentially just are doing freshwater top off after that!

Well....our neighborhood lost power for 3 hours at 5p. Since we really never lose power in our hood, I don't have any sort of backups. Not knowing how long we were going to be out of power, I plugged in a cigarette lighter inverter into our car and ran a long extension cord into the house which gave me about 120w. From there, I plugged a couple of my MP40s into it and moved them up high towards the surface to agitate the water. All was fine when power was restored a few hours later. But, it taught me a lesson that I should probably setup battery backups for MP40s. Glad I was home when it happened.

Same thing happened with us yesterday too. Must have been everyone plugging in their AC at the same time. I just have a couple battery powered air stones. I was more worried about the temperature since I've been using a fan to blow across the surface to keep it below 80 degrees.

I grew up in Alamo, freezing and over 100 a both common. Went to Santa Barbara for 8 years and it ruined me for hot and cold tolerance. A true wimp now. Above 80 or below 60 is tough. My low end may be a bit better in sf these days, but not much...

Well...I lost my foxface rabbit fish this morning. I got him from a local reefer almost 10y ago. Not sure how long he had him but he was full size. I noticed that he stopped eating 4-6 weeks ago and didn't swim much. Other than that he looked healthy and was surprised that he didn't appear to get skinny. He was pretty listless last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am now looking for a couple of Tangs. In addition to the Foxface, I also lost a couple of Tangs, a yellow eye Kole Tang and a Scopas Tang over the past year. I've had these fish for 9+ years or so...Kinda lost track.

My current Tang collection includes a Hippo, Yellow, And Blonde Naso. So, am looking for a couple of Bristletooth and probably one from the Acanthurus genus? Maybe a yellow eye Kole, Chevron, Powder Brown?

I love my Achilles but I'd recommend getting a small one to try and avoid as much aggression as possible. If not the Achilles I'd probably go for a powder blue. The blonde naso and powder brown have similar colors. I like the color of the juvenile chevron and like that it is a fish that transitions but I'm not a big fan of the adult coloring. This is all just my own personal preference though.

I love Achilles really wanted one but ended with a Achilles hybrid so no longer can get one. Love that giant red tear drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good suggestions. I have been tempted with Achilles but hear all these stories about their aggression...makes me a bit nervous about doing that.

Good point about the Naso and Powder Brown having similar colorings.

I'll have to give the Achilles more thought.....

Back